Allstar Vs. Pop Warner Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2011
Do you have pop warner cheer people in your state that try to tell you how great pop warner cheerleading is. National Disney Champs. CODE RED .What could they be thinking ??? Its obvious they have not watched an allstar competition . In my eyes you can not compare the two , or is it just me...

I've had an opportunity to be a part of both worlds. I prefer All Stars 100%, but I would never take anything away from Pop Warner cheerleading. Unlike All Stars, there is only ONE National Championship that Pop Warner teams go to every year. (So when a Pop Warner team says they're National Champions, that means a LOT.) Also, Pop Warner teams only have TWO MONTHS to learn to build skills with one another, learn a routine, and perfect it before their first competition. (Whereas AS teams usually start in May and have until November to get it together.) Also, it should be noted that PW has a limit on how many hours/days a week the girls can practice. And one more thing to add: PW does not use a spring floor at any of their official events; those girls are stunting, tumbling, and jumping on regular ol' foam mats. I give them a LOT of credit.

Do you have pop warner cheer people in your state that try to tell you how great pop warner cheerleading is. National Disney Champs. CODE RED .What could they be thinking ??? Its obvious they have not watched an allstar competition . In my eyes you can not compare the two , or is it just me...

All-Stars and Pop Warner have two different demographics. All-star cheerleading is VERY expensive and very time consuming. Pop Warner is relatively inexpensive and there isn't as much traveling and the season is much shorter.

I think you have to consider where you are from. Here in our part of Texas PeeWee is not competitive and and doesn't show a a lot of talent. In fact they don't really even compete they just cheer games. Sounds like that is not the case everywhere.

Also consider that the Pop Warner Organization is non profit. They have volunteers coaching those kids. You really can't compare the two, Its like apples and Oranges. I give credit to Pop Warner.. It allows kids that may not be able to afford the Allstar world a chance to learn and compete! It will help them come HS Tryouts... A lot of allstar gyms have 1/2 year programs for the Pop Warner kids to try when there season is over. Sometimes that easy entry is all a optimistic parent needs to be converted lol!!

I could imagine putting my kid into Pop Warner first. Then I can see if they really like the sport and get them involved in All-Stars from there. All-stars is a lot of money to pour into an activity for a 6 year old (I'm not sure what the minimum age is for Pop Warner, but I think it might be higher than that. Hmm.)

Ignorant? You totally misunderstood my thread. My daughter deals with pop Warner cheerleaders who do the hating, claiming they are the real deal. The whole thing is childish until I even hear it from the pop warner parents. I take nothing away from any league or sport that the kids lay it on the line. You just cannot compare the two its like apples and oranges and Cheerleading is taken very serious in New Jersey.
ignorant remark and one of main reason people do not take cheerleading seriously... you are hating on a different style of cheer? code red yourself.

Pop Warner was some of the best years of my life. I cheered on a PW team for 4 or 5 years. Maybe it wouldn't have been that long if there was an allstar gym my parents were willing to drive me to, but regardless, I would never wish those years hadn't happened! I'm so proud to say I'm a PW league champion (and we even got sweatshirts to prove it ;)) and my team got 5th at regionals out of like 20 teams! I miss those days hahahaha

Ignorant? You totally misunderstood my thread. My daughter deals with pop Warner cheerleaders who do the hating, claiming they are the real deal. The whole thing is childish until I even hear it from the pop warner parents. I take nothing away from any league or sport that the kids lay it on the line. You just cannot compare the two its like apples and oranges and Cheerleading is taken very serious in New Jersey.
They can think whatever they about about what they cheer for! It is not up to you to decide! If they think Pop Warner is better than Allstar, they can! You said "what could they be thinking", thats an ignorant remark. I completely understood your post as well as everyone else who has posted and not agreed with you.

LOL.
They can think whatever they about about what they cheer for! It is not up to you to decide! If they think Pop Warner is better than Allstar, they can! You said "what could they be thinking", thats an ignorant remark. I completely understood your post as well as everyone else who has posted and not agreed with you.

Personally I think allstar is way more fun and you become closer to your team. But, it depends on your skill level whether or not you should do allstar. Allstar takes much more dedication and time than pop warner. But if you dont have the skills you can be on pop warner, just dont compare yourselves to allstar cheerleading because any person, any website would tell you that allstar cheerleading is a sport, its harder, its more intense, its more fun, its better.

Back