All-Star American Academy Of Pediatrics Recommendation For Cheer Recognition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Foam or spring floors will throw off their sense of balance? That's a new one..

I would love to hear some explanation from Varsity/AACCA about that quote. For their sake, I hope that was taken wildly out of context somehow.

I would love to hear some explanation from Varsity/AACCA about that quote. For their sake, I hope that was taken wildly out of context somehow.
It has to have been. I'm trying to figure out how they could have meant it IN context- because that statement has a serious angle. If foam floors are 'unsafe'- no more competing..but then gymnasts are in serious trouble too.

So cheer is getting medical support to put high school cheerleading on a safer surface and increase medical attention and there is push back!? What? Like BlueCat said, I PRAY that was taken out of context. High school rules have been limited which needed to happen. I can't believe it is coming to this, at what point will REAL coaches education actually happen? Or will we all fall to being glorified dancers?

So cheer is getting medical support to put high school cheerleading on a safer surface and increase medical attention and there is push back!? What? Like BlueCat said, I PRAY that was taken out of context. High school rules have been limited which needed to happen. I can't believe it is coming to this, at what point will REAL coaches education actually happen? Or will we all fall to being glorified dancers?

All of the camps that Varsity runs every summer will require the kids to be practicing on mats instead of grass. More costs. Consider buying stock in Tiffin mats.

It has to have been. I'm trying to figure out how they could have meant it IN context- because that statement has a serious angle. If foam floors are 'unsafe'- no more competing..but then gymnasts are in serious trouble too.

Gymnastics doesn't call what they do an activity nor do they host their camps across the country on grass. They already have sport status.

All of the camps that Varsity runs every summer will require the kids to be practicing on mats instead of grass. More costs. Consider buying stock in Tiffin mats.
Nah, I'll just have my camp in a gym that already has the proper equipment. Crazy concept I know ;) But yes, I hear what your saying.

This right here is rather damaging to cheerleading being learned on anything other than a spring floor. Notice I said LEARNED, not performed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 10.30.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 10.30.20 AM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 176
This right here is rather damaging to cheerleading being learned on anything other than a spring floor. Notice I said LEARNED, not performed.
But doesn't that affect their balance? I think a 2 foot thick steel plate might be the best surface to perform on but only baskets and stunts. This is ridiculous. I pray Jim Lord was taken out of context if not, he should be removed from his position.

Back