All-Star An Article About Varsity Brands...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well written and researched. My favorite line was how teams with more Varsity stuff got better scores, not shocking but surprised it came out so easily.

@Ashley can you merge the two related threads. It is a very good topic and I'd like to be able to get the discussion in one place.
Thanks!

Go ahead. But I was hoping for more conversation among the parents who are the ones funding this "not a sport" sport. But I guess it doesn't matter.

That's why I was hesitating to merge them. It would be great to have one discussion, but I know parents might be more frank and open to discussion in their own section.

That's why I was hesitating to merge them. It would be great to have one discussion, but I know parents might be more frank and open to discussion in their own section.

Whichever you decide I'm ok with. @quitthedrama has a good point too.
It really is an eye-opening article that parents AND the athletes need to read!

Sorry - I didn't realize they were in 2 separate sections. Either way is fine. I don't mind having 2 separate discussions

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Could you share with us non-parents what as been said about it? :)

There has been little discussion so far. This was my post:
very relevant (in response to a post recommending watching the P&T video), because nothing has changed. Although I think some efforts to improve have been made, USASF is under Varsity's power and probably always will be, which means this activity will never become a recognized sport. They are the only organization that I know of where their participants are not allowed to become members and members don't have valid voting rights - brilliant on their part since it keeps their monopoly intact. Money has and still takes priority over the athletes' best interests. One example of several that come to mind: USASF rules state you must practice/perform on specific surfaces. USASF Worlds allows you to practice on unsafe surfaces (i.e. the football field) per their own rules and CHARGES ADDITIONAL MONEY for the ability to practice on approved surfaces. If I knew then what I know now my kids would not be involved in all star or high school cheer. I am fortunate that the gym they are with is professional and puts safety as a top priority. That is about all that I can control. I think we do have some gym owners and other influential people who are pushing for change, but I'm just not sure David can beat Goliath.

f7cdce22b01a7159edd92afff040ac18.jpg

Saw this on Instagram.

Back