OT Ankle Injury

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 8, 2014
I have injured my ankle about a year ago. I badly sprained it by just applying to much pressure in the wrong area (similar to rolling my ankle). I never went to a doctor and i tried to ignore it (I know bad idea) and it has healed slightly. Ever since my ankle looks a little misshapen, the only issue I have now is that it is a bit weak, but other than that it seems fine. Is there anything I can do to strengthen my ankle again? Any tips are appreciated.

See a doctor and ask for a physical therapist consult. Could still be an underlying issue that needs to be addressed and the therapist can work specific exercises to really strengthen it.

I have injured my ankle about a year ago. I badly sprained it by just applying to much pressure in the wrong area (similar to rolling my ankle). I never went to a doctor and i tried to ignore it (I know bad idea) and it has healed slightly. Ever since my ankle looks a little misshapen, the only issue I have now is that it is a bit weak, but other than that it seems fine. Is there anything I can do to strengthen my ankle again? Any tips are appreciated.

First stop would be an ortho doc - don't want to be mrs 'worst case scenario' but if you did fracture something or damage ligaments / tendons and it didn't heal correctly you may need treatment / an op to reset it! Best of luck!

Back