Another Level 3 Question..or 2.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Andre,

In a pyramid, how many braces are need for a ball up? I'm assuming none if it's to prep/load. How about to extended or passing through extended?
Same question for a tickup.

Some of the rules seem a bit confusing and with releases being allowed in stunts, I feel like some of the pyramid skills should have been allowed a little more difficulty as well.

Thanks so much!

Anything you are allowed to do in a stunt, you are also allowed to do with a single bracer. (I.E. ball up to prep, or release move to prep).

If you want to do any release moves that originate at the top and/or are caught at the top, you will need 2 bracers.

Anything you are allowed to do in a stunt, you are also allowed to do with a single bracer. (I.E. ball up to prep, or release move to prep).

If you want to do any release moves that originate at the top and/or are caught at the top, you will need 2 bracers.

And it has to be hand to hand, not hand to hand and hand to foot? USASF is hindering my creative abilities with a team of 17. haha You're braced. You should be able to do more.

And it has to be hand to hand, not hand to hand and hand to foot? USASF is hindering my creative abilities with a team of 17. haha You're braced. You should be able to do more.
If you want it to be hand -foot, then it will need to land in a cradle or dismount to the floor if it doesn't follow the stunt rules.

lose the back spots for 3 preps and do whatever you are wanting to do within the rules for the other two groups and you'll have 2 bracers

lose the back spots for 3 preps and do whatever you are wanting to do within the rules for the other two groups and you'll have 2 bracers

17 kids. We have an adequate pyramid, but not having 20 has definitely made it a little harder.

I totally agree. I think the new pyramid rules for level 4 has seriously hurt smaller teams and given an advantage to teams of 18-20 :(

Our Senior 4 is actually doing just fine with 15. 3 groups in a pyramid actually isn't so bad!

Since the original question was answered I'm going to lock this thread.

Back