College Anyone Else Catch The Louisville Shoutout On Glee?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I bet someone at some point cheer Allstar or college at NCA and just knew of them because of their record. Not unheard of.
Yes. Lots of people in the biz that used to cheer. Also, the research they do for tv shows of Glee caliber is pretty labor intensive. I doubt that info wasn't hard to find.

I honestly think it wasn't researched, some writer along the way had a connection and said: U of L is really good at cheerleading. Send her there!

And it is those casual perceptions that mean more than anything else. As much as those in cheerleading. I would say more people in the US know about U of L and cheerleading than any other program. They compete in multiple competitions and in multiple divisions. You can argue coed vs. Kentucky all day long, but UK has no all girl or small coed to compare... and those teams develop a bigger well known fan base. So it doesn't matter who is 'right' when it comes to public opinion. It matters what the majority think (obviously we aren't talking legal stuff).

Example:

It is like how I keep pointing out to all these stupid people that Justin Bieber is not talented and just annoying. Sure... I am right... but the vast majority think otherwise. And here we sit... He is a millionaire and my singing career never took off.

I have no idea if it was researched or not by the writers. But I think the history and tradition of Louisville cheer speaks for itself. Yes we have 3 competitive teams which provides more opportunity for winning but all 3 have won more than they've lost. That's not just "only" a perception its also a reality.

I don't find it coincidental they chose to use Louisville in their show. I also would not have found it weird if they had used Kentucky. Both are VERY storied programs for many of the same reasons. The reputation and success each program has earned is just that "earned" by the cheerleaders that chose to attend those schools. Just my opinion

Ryan Murphy is from Indianapolis so I am sure growing up just up the interstate a ways from Louisville helped it all (didn't know this until I googled and read wikipedia). I am sure he has known of the wins and prestiege that the program has. Reading the comments though it makes me sad that people within the state of Kentucky can't just be happy that a school got a shout out and instead argue about it. Morehead and UK are both amazing schools and I guarantee that if they got a shout out the Louisville cheerleaders would have been just as excited for them.

I am just throwing random information out there but Santanas brother in real life plays football for the University of Tennessee so how funny would it have been if they sent her there...

I think they picked Louisville because its a popular name. I am not a flyer and never will be so I dont even have a chance at making UK but with some good tumbling and awesome base skills I could make Louisville so I think thats why its easier to connect with with most people. Not everyones built to be a flyer so when I think of schools to cheer at UK doesn't even enter my mind but Louisville is probably the first one that enters my mind.

I wasn't trying to imply you were downing them, sorry if it seemed that way no worries whatsoever. I was obviously disappointed for the athletes on Small, I was very proud of Large for completely re-doing their routine from prelims to finals and adding the most difficult stunt ever thrown by any team at NCA (back handspring full up) and All girl is always just silly those Ladies are beyond sick! I'll enjoy seeing many of them on Team USA next week at the ICU Championships

I would definitely have to disagree with that. SFA in 2008 threw 5 double ups, 5 FHS 1 1/2 ups in prelims and 6 1 to 1's at 1:45 in the routine.

On facebook, someone mentioned that one of the writers was a college cheerleader, which to me says he knows about Louisville's cheer history and put it in.

Or... Could we point out if Santana was a base she would have no opportunity at UK?

I think Santana is actually supposed to be a flyer - I think Sue has mentioned something about her being at the top of the pyramid.

I would definitely have to disagree with that. SFA in 2008 threw 5 double ups, 5 FHS 1 1/2 ups in prelims and 6 1 to 1's at 1:45 in the routine.

I am gonna have to agree. Double ups are the hardest stunt ever thrown for a team competition. Followed by FHS 1 1/2 ups, then back handspring fullups. 1 to 1's are difficult, but I find people who catch spinning stunts tend to be less consistent than flipping.

I saw SO many tweets and facebook status updates about the shout-out from a lot of leaders on campus who don't know a thing about cheerleading. The spirit squads give us a HUGE reason to be proud Cardinals!!!!!! #L1C4!

Back