OT Anyone Not Cheering This Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I quit University and therefore left my squad when I moved out. It's one of the things I miss most about Uni but at the same time I wasn't able to really give what I know I can, every single injury i've ever had and some new ones i'd acquired on the way decided to flare up and give me hell, so it wouldn't have been fair for me to take a competition slot ahead of someone who doesn't come off the mat a creaking, bruised wreck.

There are a couple of squads up here I could go back to, but realistically if i'm going to flare a ton of injuries up, I want to do it at a level I know I suit (4), instead of stepping down to level 2. Also, I was SO lucky to have a very well organised, structured, regularly training squad at university and i'm not sure recreational is for me these days. Once weekly for an hour or so isn't ideal for me.

I do miss it, but it's got to the point I have to put my health first. I don't want to need surgery in a year or two for some damaged body part.

I probably won't be able to cheer this year. I'm trying my hardest to be able to cheer, but right now, my injuries are making it hard. A ganglion cyst, back issues, an ankle that has been messed up ever since I fractured it, and torn ligaments in my leg are what I'm dealing with. Hopefully, I won't have to quit... but you never know. I swear I am the most injury prone person.... :(

never did all star cheering, but im a senior (graduated) so no more high school cheer for me. its heart breaking seeing the under classmens statuses on facebook talking about going to cheer tumbling :( :( :( :( :(

didnt make the varisty team on my high school team so i joined a level one all star team and i love it :) im a junior and its sad thinking i only have one more season after this. but honestly high school cheer, at least at my school doesnt even compare to how awesome all star is, i should of done it years ago

I'm cheering but unfortunately my college team does not compete. I will really miss that :(

im trying to figure a way around it, but i think my knee has ended not just my season but my career:(

didnt make the varisty team on my high school team so i joined a level one all star team and i love it :) im a junior and its sad thinking i only have one more season after this. but honestly high school cheer, at least at my school doesnt even compare to how awesome all star is, i should of done it years ago
Yes yes shimmy! I coach JR 1 at my gym and some of the older girls don't want to continue because it's level 1. I'm trying to make them see that the flash and sass of all star is still there, just not the back handsprings.

Back