OT Anyone Not Cheering This Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 28, 2012
Is there anyone besides me who isn't cheering this season? For any reason. (injuries, break, financial, school) Because the seasons already started and seeing everyone going to practice and new uniforms is a bit disheartening. I just want to know if i'm the only one!

I aged out a few years ago but I know exactly what you mean. It still hurts and almost every day I regret letting my injuries get the best of me and not pushing myself with tumbling. I coach now but it's not the same, none of the girls are serious. My girls are too young to care about how goofing off at practice, not taking tumbling classes, not stretching and cheating conditioning will hurt them in the long run. I don't want them to grow up and not be able to continue cheering in college because they don't have the skills. It's a really crappy feeling.

I'm not. My gym is 4 hours from my home and the drive is just too hard on me. My school team is all girl and there are no all star gyms with an international team closer than 3 hours away.

;(

I'm gonna be a senior this year but I decided not to cheer (allstars) because I also play ice hockey and chose to play hockey on my schools team (all boys :eek:) this year. I've played hockey since I was 6 and cheered since I was 11 so I've been doing both for a while. But I don't think I'm good enough to play hockey in college, but if I continue tumbling this year, which I plan to do as soon as my hand heals, then I should be okay either making a decent college team or doing allstars since I can super senior for a year. I would rather do allstars though because I broke my hand 3 weeks ago doing a roundoff handspring tuck at school tryouts and am now deathly afraid to tumble on a non spring floor ever again. So I'll just be doing school cheer this year and unfortunately we don't compete :( But I agree it is hard seeing people's tweets about their first practices and how great the season is going to be. PLUS seeing all the girls on my teams from last year being so excited about the new season and knowing I don't get to be a part of it with them.

I'm not. Homeschooling + new job = no time. But I still have two more seasons after this one so it's all good. :) I will miss it though. Now how am I gonna see my girls? :(

I'm not :( I'm going to be a senior and I didn't make my school's team and even though my mom said I could try out for all stars she's not letting me because she says "There's just a time in life where you have to stop doing certain things because you're too old." I'm just like..... You kidding me?? I'm 17 and will be 18 in October. It's my senior year.. :(

i'm not. i made my schools team and i got a job, and since school practices are four times a week i just don't have time:(

Didn't cheer last year due to financial reasons. Knew I realistically wouldn't be able to afford a Worlds trip, and didn't want to deal with the stress of trying to make it work. This year, I'm not yet but hoping I can get a spot on a college team.

Didn't cheer last year due to financial reasons. Knew I realistically wouldn't be able to afford a Worlds trip, and didn't want to deal with the stress of trying to make it work. This year, I'm not yet but hoping I can get a spot on a college team.
I know exactly how you feel buddy. There is absolutely no way my family will be able to cheer for all-star.

b584d20758354c92ac557c9bb93c9b83-358093741.gif

This girl right here.. well not ^^ there here but more like

arrow1_up-left_lg_black.gif

that girl me in the corner

I've also aged out and theres no open team near me. But am also having ankle surgery in 3 weeks. Will be on crutches etc. for 6 weeks and then rehab. Most likely an entire season of no tumbling or anything.

I aged out but I'm still helping around the gym. It's So hard to watch the older team stunt around and not actually be in the stunts.

This will be my first season in 7 years not doing some form of competitive cheer. I'm doing highschool, but we're not having a competitive team this year because of lack of funding. And the allstar program in my town is basically going under, so it's really not even an option for me to cheer there and I have no time or money to travel to cheer :(

This year will be my first year not being on a team and not even going to cheer practice since I first started cheer four/five years ago. I quit my team at the end of this season for various reasons from the team/program aspect, but also for financial reasons and hopefully the injuries to both my knees will go away before I come back to cheer in the future. It's gunna be so weird and I'll have to find some other exercise to do so I don't get out of shape lol. Luckily I ended my season on a high competing at JAMfest Europe and taking part in the Coed Elite clinic and meeting such lovely people. I'm really gutted that competitive cheer isn't more popular in my town as the program I was with were the only one that went to competitions, and the nearest teams are quite far away which isn't an option at the moment :(. But I'm so pleased to be on the boards to keep up to date with all the latest for this season and hopefully I'll go to a competition or two just as a spectator :).

Back