OT Apartment Necessities?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
overstock.com has amazing deals! i just ordered a 530 count duvet cover for only 60 dollars. and they have deals on everything!

Def either get a whiteboard or you can get what I have which is this really cute wall decal that works as art but is also a chalk board. I found them at AC moore. You'll use these a lot especially when you start to run out of things.

i use mirrors...dry erase markers work on them just like a whiteboard, and i know i'll definitely see what i need to remember :)

If anyone is interested I can put up a list of the bare minimum you need to get by comfortably (for those on strict budgets). :)

so don't forget a colander/strainer. my mom moved out a few years ago, and she didn't buy a colander for 2 years. I didnt even realize how much I actually used it.

just my 2 cents

those look like some very thorough lists, so i'm not going to post one haha but just a few things 1. i dont know if you mentioned whether it was fully furnished or not, but if it isn't, my advice to you: DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE FOR FURNITURE. you are a college student, you do not need fancy expensive furniture. chances are it'll get ruined anyway lol (just speaking from what i've witnessed) garage sales and salvation army can do you a great deal of good. i got my bed, my dresser, my desk, and a closest thing for less than $75, and they are all in EXCELLENT condition. 2. you said you really needed kitchen stuff, keep an eye out at target and walmart right around when school starts, they always have like a super sale on cooking sets (whether its just pots and pans you need or the whole nine yards) 3. also dont know where you're going to school, but some schools tap water is absolutely disgusting (hi slippery rock.... warning to you all, if you ever visit slippery rock, which god only knows why you would, DONT DRINK THE WATER) then i would suggest a brita filter or brita faucet attachment. greatest investment ever.
and this isnt necessarily any kind of furniture, but something i definitely consider a necessity, non perishable food you can cook in a hurry if you dont have time for a real meal. trust me when i say it'll come in handy. and if you do like to cook, my mom found this totally awesome magazine that has a bunch of easy recipes that are absolutely delicious. the name is slipping my mind but i'll look it up for you if you'd like :)
and of course, just like dorm shopping, always locate your nearest walmart at school haha

i swear this year has been harder to shop for then last year, last year i at least knew i needed one of everything. lol this year its just the miscellaneous things that i need for an apartment instead of a dorm room, and anything that was lost, broken, etc. along the way last year.

Back