OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I also think UA has a partnership or something of the likes with GK. Noticed a couple of weeks ago on the GK site that they are selling fully customisable UA leos, warm ups, the lot on their site in addition to their own brand items.

(someone please tell me to hush if im completely wrong and its been like that for ages)
You might be on to something there. I swear I read something once about how GK manufactured the Adidas leos. Sort of like how Samsung manufactures the glass for iPhones? I just googled it and it looks like the GK/Adidas partnership ended in 2012 so maybe that's when they picked up the partnership with UA.

I watched the Chinese - all I could think when I first saw them was that they all look so young and tiny. If they were flying on a senior level 5 at worlds I'd be crying foul for sure ;)...haha.

I saw the first girl mess up on bars too - it was pretty bad, and what they showed of her warm-up looked a lot better, so it was unfortunate she messed up when it counted (I would see that at meets a lot particularly on bars - my CP doesn't like to warm up bars at all cause she says she's always the best the first time she does her routine after resting and it just gets worse as she does it more times - maybe the Chinese girl is the same way ;)).

The rest of the Chinese rocked their bar routines though - they were amazing - I think all of the others placed top 5 from what the screen said at the time, but only 2 can go to finals.

Their beam routines were good too. They had one girl on floor w/ an amazing first tumbling pass - but a lot of their floor landings as a team were just really short (not enough height to get it all in so they were landing on their knees/bent over).

They had one girl w/ an amazing vault - I think the score came up w/ her placing 5th on the event at the time, so she may have made the finals. I was actually pretty impressed w/ their vaulting considering that most of them probably weigh less than 50 pounds. When my CP was their size (back when she was 5 ;)), she could barely get the spring board to go down an inch when she jumped on it.

I remember during the Olympics the discussion was (or maybe it was last years Worlds) ....no Olympics because of the amanar obsession...that the Chinese are falling apart in floor and vault because they don't weigh enough. They don't have the weight to hit the vault in order to perform an amanar.

Too bad. So sad.

But they kill it on beam and bars.

Some awesome, clutch floor routines give the USA men bronze! Woohoo! China took gold and Japan silver, but Japan absolutely got ripped off.

3TiY7BWNjwg5YpkHdhu2.png

Last edited:
Double post again, my bad. But loved watching Jake Dalton's floor routine to seal bronze for the USA!

That triple at the end ::heart eyes emoji::

Haha! Love it! You're so right about that triple at the end! That LANDING - just wow! All his landings were great, but imagine sticking a landing after a triple like that! Thanks for posting.

So excited for the women team final today - let's go GBR! We have come so far in both men and women teams recently!

Absolutely devastated for the men's result yesterday, really thought they could place top three but they rewrote the history book and this was only the second time they have ever made the team finals - what an achievement! Cannot believe Max Whitlock has not made all around finals (I know he made a huge one off mistake on floor) but I really thought he could have placed in top three. He has been unstoppable recently. However, very excited for Nile Wilson, who is a first year senior at his 1st Worlds and is Mr consistent, nothing if fazing him. If you get the chance, you could definitely look up these two athletes. They are future all around stars!

I only have one class tomorrow so I decided to get up and watch the women's team final! It's only 6am here so that's not TOO early. GO USA!! 46.741 on vault! :)

Chinese girls don't move the springboard when they jump off it.....

Skinner's vault! One of the best I think I've seen her do? Props to USAG for getting these videos up so quickly!

Big mistake from China on bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back