OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Interesting! So, if they had wanted to, the US could have competed Jordyn in all around instead of Aly in 2012. Or maybe the Olympic rules are different than other International competitions.
Yeah they could of! I follow a lot of gymnastics blogs and people were wondering if Martha would put Jordyn in instead. Most of the time when they say it's an injuiry, I never believe it haha.

UK peeps is the coverage they are showing right now on BBC2 already happened?
So not live coverage?

It's getting closer every competition, but Kohei still won by over a point and a half! His vault and floor really stood out to me. His landings were out of this world.

From the article linked above:

Gymnastics scores are made up of two parts — difficulty and execution. Chinese star Yao Jinnan was asked what the difference was between the U.S. and China.

“I think the distance majorly lies in execution and difficulty,” she said.

REALLY??? lol...

From the article linked above:

Gymnastics scores are made up of two parts — difficulty and execution. Chinese star Yao Jinnan was asked what the difference was between the U.S. and China.

“I think the distance majorly lies in execution and difficulty,” she said.

REALLY??? lol...
She's not wrong both difficulty and execution were higher for Us than China on almost all the events

So happy for Max Whitlock, go GBR! He has been a real contender for many years and today he finally showed was he was made of in the AA at an international level. Although I do believe Nile was probably asked to step down to let Max compete as Max would of had a greater chance of placing in top 3, which he did. From looking at his Twitter, it's very strange to see his tweets go from "So excited to be in the all around final!" to now stepping down due to "injury" No doubt he is injured but I think Nile deserved the place to be in the final and could of done with the experience in all around.

So happy for Max Whitlock, go GBR! He has been a real contender for many years and today he finally showed was he was made of in the AA at an international level. Although I do believe Nile was probably asked to step down to let Max compete as Max would of had a greater chance of placing in top 3, which he did. From looking at his Twitter, it's very strange to see his tweets go from "So excited to be in the all around final!" to now stepping down due to "injury" No doubt he is injured but I think Nile deserved the place to be in the final and could of done with the experience in all around.
I suspected this as well. I feel a bit bad for him but he's only 18 there will be more chances for him I'm sure.

The Youtube livestream needs to get better soon ! Beam routines are stressful enough to watch without the image freezing every 10 seconds :confused:.

The livestream was a mess this morning. I gave up.

Yes for Kyla Ross coming back in the 4th rotation and taking bronze! I believe she was 5th after then 3rd rotation

Yes for Simone Biles

1. Biles
2. Iordache
3. Ross
4. Mustafina

Back