OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm going to try to watch... but like... I don't want to see the men's events. Not at 1am. Just show vault and bars and then do that other stuff after....Ladies first.

I like men's gymnastics okay...but I also have an aversion to it because of the Hamm twins... there was something about them...I can't put my finger on it...but no to them both.

My grandma used to always go on and on about how cute the twins were and I was just like ew, no. Take me back to the Blaine Wilson days :p.

My grandma used to always go on and on about how cute the twins were and I was just like ew, no. Take me back to the Blaine Wilson days :p.

They're just... I don't know. I just could not with them

My older sister paid attention during the 04 and 08 Olympics and in 04 when she heard them speak she was like
tumblr_m98m8zOsaY1rzy8sso1_400.gif

That Claudia girl from GB has the coolest floor routine - I loved it. I hope the TV footage that is set to record on my DVR shows it so CP can see it.

Love Claudia and her floor routine.
She's come from absolutely no where over here and burst onto the scene at the Commonwealths with 4 Gold medals and ever since then has had SOOO much press attention, I'm glad she keeps performing well because there are a lot of British eyes on her right now and I would hate to see her crack.

So far, seems like she's loving it!

I'm already up from watching baseball so I decided to watch some of the event finals.

On Vault:
1) Hong Un Jong 15.599
2) Simone Biles 15.554
3) Mykayla Skinner 15.366

4) Alla Sosnitskaya
5) Claudia Fragapane AND Guilia Steingruber tie
7) Alexa Moreno Medina
8) Phan Thi Ha Thahn

I wanted one of the US girls to win, but I'm also happy for Hong Un Jong. She now has an Olympic gold and a World gold and that will basically guarantee her family success for life in North Korea. I want to watch bars finals, but I doubt I can stay awake that late. Pommels will not be entertaining enough to keep me up.

Edited to fix my mistake. The tie for fifth was not broken!

Last edited:
I'm already up from watching baseball so I decided to watch some of the event finals.

On Vault:
1) Hong Un Jong 15.599
2) Simone Biles 15.554
3) Mykayla Skinner 15.366

4) Alla Sosnitskaya
5) Claudia Fragapane
6) Guilia Steingruber (their scores were tied, but Claudia won on tiebreaker)
7) Alexa Moreno Medina
8) Phan Thi Ha Thahn

I wanted one of the US girls to win, but I'm also happy for Hong Un Jong. She now has an Olympic gold and a World gold and that will basically guarantee her family success for life in North Korea. I want to watch bars finals, but I doubt I can stay awake that late. Pommels will not be entertaining enough to keep me up.

I never really understood when F.I.G. implements a tie breaker. For instance, Denis Ablyazin (RUS) and You Hao (CHN) tied for third in the men's ring final. I thought the bronze medal was going to go to Denis for sure as he had the higher E score, but in the end both him and You Hao were awarded a medal. I'm happy for both athletes, but when do tie breakers come in like it did for women's vault?

Also Yao Jinnan's UB dismount was unreal, just wow...

I never really understood when F.I.G. implements a tie breaker. For instance, Denis Ablyazin (RUS) and You Hao (CHN) tied for third in the men's ring final. I thought the bronze medal was going to go to Denis for sure as he had the higher E score, but in the end both him and You Hao were awarded a medal. I'm happy for both athletes, but when do tie breakers come in like it did for women's vault?

Also Yao Jinnan's UB dismount was unreal, just wow...
I honestly don't know. Their results had Claudia listed higher so I just went with it. They broke ties in qualifying all week, but maybe they're not breaking ties if it results in a medal? Maybe they didn't even break the tie for vault and I just read it wrong? I don't know much about the tiebreak rules because they're super confusing

I honestly don't know. Their results had Claudia listed higher so I just went with it. They broke ties in qualifying all week, but maybe they're not breaking ties if it results in a medal? Maybe they didn't even break the tie for vault and I just read it wrong? I don't know much about the tiebreak rules because they're super confusing

I just checked the official results again, both Giulia and Claudia tied for 5th. I believe F.I.G. doesn't enforce tie breakers during the World Championships, at least from what I've observed on apparatus finals. There were two sets of ties for men's
rings - two 3rd and 6th places.

I'm guessing tie breakers are an Olympic thing? That's how Mustafina won bronze in 2012 on both the All-around & Floor finals, she out executed Aly Raisman and Vanessa Ferrari respectively.

I just checked the official results again, both Giulia and Claudia tied for 5th. I believe F.I.G. doesn't enforce tie breakers during the World Championships, at least from what I've observed on apparatus finals. There were two sets of ties for men's
rings - two 3rd and 6th places.

I'm guessing tie breakers are an Olympic thing? That's how Mustafina won bronze in 2012 on both the All-around & Floor finals, she out executed Aly Raisman and Vanessa Ferrari respectively.
They definitely broke ties in qualifying because Emma Nedov (AUS) and Roxana Popa (ESP) missed BB and FX despite tying 8th place. I guess they're just not breaking ties in finals

I'm so bummed for Ashton Locklear on bars! She would have medaled if she hadn't taken that little tiny baby step on her landing. She was only .017 out of bronze! But I'm really glad to see the US competitive on bars again.

Back