High School Bad Injuries.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 15, 2011
What is the worst injury you (or someone you know) has gotten from cheerleading and how did you get it?

I sprained all the ligaments in my right thumb. I am a back and my flyer was doubling and my thumb jammed into her back and bent it backwards. It was black and blue for days. I didn't go to the doctors because I didn't want to let my team down. I was back practicing in three days. Fortunately my thumb healed properly and is pretty good today. (I don't recommend underplaying and injury because it can be a lot worse than it seems.) :oops:

A girl on my squad sprained her back trying to base a single based extension. & another girl sprained her neck, I'm pretty sure she was flying in a single based extension and fell backwards over her backspot and no spotters caught her.

I have a friend who tore her ACL, had to get surgery, and still has problems with it. And it was just from landing a backhandspring step out wrong!

i stress fractured my back last year, got cleared by my doctor a little to early and it never healed all the way so i have been cheering with a stress fracture for over a year

I fractured my L4 vertebra, my back handsprings have never been the same since. It is a stress fracture so it will never go away, its been almost two years and I still have to deal with the pain but I keep cheering. Im working on fulls now. The only thing that really bothers me though is my old coaches used it against me. :/

I am pretty bummed to know that one of Madison's old teammates who is now 8 years old is having to have her SECOND ACL surgery! She tore the left about 2 years ago and now the right is torn... Scary stuff :/

I am pretty bummed to know that one of Madison's old teammates who is now 8 years old is having to have her SECOND ACL surgery! She tore the left about 2 years ago and now the right is torn... Scary stuff :/
oh my goodness! that is crazy, i have never heard of someone that young having an ACL tear! she will be in my thoughts! were they both caused from cheerleading?

Yes. Once was a stunt issue and the more recent was just landing a tumbling pass badly. It just really breaks my heart. Its a hard surgery and recovery for anyone, especially the very young or the very old. Thanks for thinking of her. She and are family are great people. :)

Tore my meniscus simply doing a bhs. Just landed funny I guess.

I had a girl on my team once tear her ACL playing around doing a cartwheel. Had surgery did and did all the therapy and not two weeks after being released she did a toe touch and tore her other ACL. So sad :(

i tore all the ligaments in one of my ankles last december doing a full. i got it diagnosed in july after spraining the other ankle for the third time. and because the tears never got treated properly i now have bone spurs in that ankle.

i stress fractured my back last year, got cleared by my doctor a little to early and it never healed all the way so i have been cheering with a stress fracture for over a year

i stress fractured my foot last year too, my first doctor didn't diagnose it right, and it got worse. then my next doctor cleared me too early as well and it fractured again:/ i wwas back in a boot for 7 weeks, and it still isn't completely healed a year later): stress fractures suck

I've never been seriously injured (knock on wood), but I've seen someone hyper extend their knee while doing a RO BHS Layout on the competition mats. And I saw another girl fracture her foot while doing a RO Full during a full out run at practice. :/

Back