All-Star Batb 2012 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know if this is just a 'thing' or if it's just something I've noticed, but CEA's dances (in particular SE's) don't have a lot of booty popping or shaking or shimmying or whatever...and those seem to be the parts that people consider 'most fierce' when it comes to dances. I would never be concerned about showing family a CEA dance, even if many people don't consider them the best dancers, simply because they are consistently 'good' and family-friendly. Not that the other teams are being 'trashy' or anything, but there's usually a lot more body isolations (if that's the word I want?)..it's something I've sorta noticed over the more recent seasons. JMO

Hard to tell about the dance from the side, but it looks better I think when you see it frontally and they get the specifics down but dances are dances and some will like it and some not. I hope the judges like it. The dance ends better and the transition to the pyramid is smooth due to positioning of dancers and that transition from dance to pyramid was hurting the routine score inordinately and had to be fixed. BUT, fair assessment and post, I have no complaints with constructive opinionated criticism when it is not directed at an athlete. The choreagraphy will look much better as the stamina and endurance improve, and that has been my criticism all year.

I do often find it hard to enjoy a dance without seeing it from the front. You don't get the same effect. For me, this just seemed... a bit off. Whether it be the unfamiliarity with it, the actual choreography, the music, Idk! I just didn't enjoy it, but it definitely is not a polished, Worlds ready routine just quite yet, and I'm eagerly anticipating what will be thrown a month from now!

I do often find it hard to enjoy a dance without seeing it from the front. You don't get the same effect. For me, this just seemed... a bit off. Whether it be the unfamiliarity with it, the actual choreography, the music, Idk! I just didn't enjoy it, but it definitely is not a polished, Worlds ready routine just quite yet, and I'm eagerly anticipating what will be thrown a month from now!

I don't think it will ever makes hearts beat too hard because of the 8 counts devoted to it, but I know that SE has never committed to dance the way it should. I think the kids are really trying to make the time count this time.

I don't know if this is just a 'thing' or if it's just something I've noticed, but CEA's dances (in particular SE's) don't have a lot of booty popping or shaking or shimmying or whatever...and those seem to be the parts that people consider 'most fierce' when it comes to dances. I would never be concerned about showing family a CEA dance, even if many people don't consider them the best dancers, simply because they are consistently 'good' and family-friendly. Not that the other teams are being 'trashy' or anything, but there's usually a lot more body isolations (if that's the word I want?)..it's something I've sorta noticed over the more recent seasons. JMO

I think this is dead on and there is a bit of Bible Belt tilt towards modesty at play in the parents section that may effect that slightly. That said, Eric and I call him that because he is a good friend of ours (self ingratiating name drop there) put a little more than they have ever done before in there, I just don't know if it is obvious from the angle.

I know you were joking, but I don't think people ever really criticized Sr Elite's dancing ability... Not sure about everyone else, but I'm confident that they would be able to pull off an entertaining dance IF they had the choreography...

It may be because they dance before their high energy pyramid at the end of the routine and can't go all out because they need strength/energy, but I've never really enjoyed their dance style or choreography. I'd be super interested to see how Sr. Elite performed a dance at the end of their routine tho...

This year they ended their routine with a dance. I notice they don't utilize the mat in their dance as much as the other large senior teams do. Their typically all in the same spot.

Only year we did not win a major title that I remember since 05. May be why we went back.

Title or not, that was one of my FAVORITE Sr Elite routines ever. I liked Sr. Elite so much more when they were just an action packed entertaining team with fantastically bold and fast-paced music. They still have the same and now even more talent, but I guess I'm over the story telling aspect, sappy we're full of heart voiceovers, and slow passionate music if that makes sense. I know it means a lot to the girls/coaches/program, but personally as a fan I'd rather read the story on the boards from parents, coaches, and athletes than "listen" to it as I watch the routine.

Still love them and look forward to each new vid, but seeing that routine again made things click.

Title or not, that was one of my FAVORITE Sr Elite routines ever. I liked Sr. Elite so much more when they were just an action packed entertaining team with fantastically bold and fast-paced music. They still have the same and now even more talent, but I guess I'm over the story telling aspect, sappy we're full of heart voiceovers, and slow passionate music if that makes sense. I know it means a lot to the girls/coaches/program, but personally as a fan I'd rather read the story on the boards from parents, coaches, and athletes than "listen" to it as I watch the routine.

Still love them and look forward to each new vid, but seeing that routine again made things click.

I think you make good points. I suspect another evolution next year, or at least I hope she reads the opinion. Good stuff.

No doubt that is my favorite Senior Elite routine as well.
The music, the energy, the image, everything.

'Oh ladies you better believe that teal is back and still looking FIERCE'

I know you were joking, but I don't think people ever really criticized Sr Elite's dancing ability... Not sure about everyone else, but I'm confident that they would be able to pull off an entertaining dance IF they had the choreography...

It may be because they dance before their high energy pyramid at the end of the routine and can't go all out because they need strength/energy, but I've never really enjoyed their dance style or choreography. I'd be super interested to see how Sr. Elite performed a dance at the end of their routine tho...

Fair enough :cool:
And yeah, I was joking..not really about ability; mostly bc of the opinions regarding not liking the dancing and how the OP loved the mini dance (entertaining and choreography..at least I assume) :)

Back