All-Star Batc Updates !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am sure that having been originally placed on F5, even though she didn't get a chance to compete with them this year, she and the rest of F5 consider her to be part of the team (she was with them from May through November), that said, she didn't get the chance to compete with them this year :( She is however filling in on Cells and competing with Weather Girls. So I do not doubt that all 3 of these teams consider her to be one of their own! "Skeeter"s original post sort of implied (maybe not intentionally) that Weather Girls had pulled from F5 to get the paid bid and it is my understanding that is not the case, these are girls that were not currently competing on a worlds team.

Exactly!

Logan is no longer on F5 & she has never competed with F5. I want someone to show me one video of any competition where is she performing with them. My daughter is on F5 & we know Logan very well. Just ask her yourself she will tell you that she has never competed with F5. She does have a uniform because they were ordered before she was injured.
no one was judging...just curious which team she was on because people had seen pictures...not a big deal, shes awesome...i think everyone just had curiosity.

Logan is no longer on F5 & she has never competed with F5. I want someone to show me one video of any competition where is she performing with them. My daughter is on F5 & we know Logan very well. Just ask her yourself she will tell you that she has never competed with F5. She does have a uniform because they were ordered before she was injured.
Its not quite the big deal. Someone asked, but it was answered 80523049230 times. We know now! No need to keep saying the same thing like no one has answered!!!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, Worlds doesn't reward consistency either. All you have to do on Day 1 is score high enough to not get voted off the island. Kind of like the guy that creates an appetizer out of squid that is just less icky than another one and he doesn't get chopped.

Then Day 2 is when you better hit.

So BATC might actually have been the best event to prep for Worlds.

I totally forgot to add this in my first post also: If an owner/coach doesn't like the way the scoring system works, then don't take your team to the competition. and ACEDAD is, in a way, absolutely correct and I agree with him. I sort of like that there is a ton of emphasis on Day 2. That is one of the few beauties of having a separate score sheet for every company, every competition has a different way of scoring, whether it be 50/50, 30/70, 40/60, 0/100, or best of either day. You can take your teams to the bid comps that, in your opinion, offer the best scoring opportunity and chance to receive a bid.

If I'm not mistaken, Worlds doesn't reward consistency either. All you have to do on Day 1 is score high enough to not get voted off the island. Kind of like the guy that creates an appetizer out of squid that is just less icky than another one and he doesn't get chopped.

Then Day 2 is when you better hit.

So BATC might actually have been the best event to prep for Worlds.

True, except with BATC, if you score high enough on Day 1 you might be able to afford a mistake on Day 2. There were teams with their Day 1 score as their Final. At Worlds, nothing carries over either, but your Day 1 score only dictates your Finals performance order. Can't do anything for you once Day 2 starts.

haha what NJ Coach said. You would have been fully right if you hadn't made the notion that Calamari isn't the best food in the entire world. But it's my favorite and you went there.;)

How on earth does somebody who doesn't practice with a team at the level of CEA Senior Elite learn the routine in 15 - 30 minutes including motions, dance, formations, etc? I could understand if she just did the stunt sequences, but I don't see anybody crouching in the back or hiding during everything else. AMAZING!

day 2 the girl was taking a knee behind the dance only..i watched the routine from the side

I guess I look at it that you can completely bomb one performance which would lack consistency to me, and if you look at the BATC results nearly every team's score was higher on day 2, which gives good indication that the judging panel scored slightly higher on day 2 versus day 1 (this seems to happen at many 2-day comps). Teams that nailed it on day 1 and then had a great performance on day 2 (meaning no mistakes) ended up losing to teams that had issues on day 1 but hit day 2. Just seems like you are too dependent on the judging consistency between the 2 days. I can see both views, I just wish you could score each day exactly the same with this approach, and it just isn't possible given the subjectivity involved.

I hear ya

Watching a lot of teams in different divisions, there were many that stepped up on day 2 from day one. I think that is a more logical reason for higher scores than any judging inconsistency.

Absolutely. But for the teams who basically did the same exact routine on Day 2 as they did on Day 1, their score often STILL went up a bit. Nobody scored identical to what they scored on the first day, and if that's the case, isn't it a little more accurate to simply count both days of competition rather than trying to compare them to each other?

I know people say if you don't like the way the competition is scored, you don't have to attend next year, but I pretty much liked everything else about this competition besides this. :oops: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's a little skeptical of this method of ranking teams!

I think that the method of scoring that they use is just a fun way to switch things up. I like that they are doing something different to set themselves apart. It isn't like they keep the way it is scored a secret. Everyone knows that this is how they have done it for a while now. I think it's a great competition.

Back