All-Star Batc Updates !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeah that's why i asked, i was confused because i have seen her on all 3 of those teams. haha
I am sure that having been originally placed on F5, even though she didn't get a chance to compete with them this year, she and the rest of F5 consider her to be part of the team (she was with them from May through November), that said, she didn't get the chance to compete with them this year :( She is however filling in on Cells and competing with Weather Girls. So I do not doubt that all 3 of these teams consider her to be one of their own! "Skeeter"s original post sort of implied (maybe not intentionally) that Weather Girls had pulled from F5 to get the paid bid and it is my understanding that is not the case, these are girls that were not currently competing on a worlds team.

I like taking the best score from both days. It just means that you need to be consistent both days in order to win and that is what all stars is all about. To be the best of the best you must bring your A game at all times. It also gives those an opportunity to change some stunts/pyramids to make them harder, which is a gamble, after day one standings to try and give them that extra edge on day 2.

Not sure I agree, you have a team that you know is better in most categories, they hit day one, you hit your in second, next day the number 1 team has a bad day, and second place team still being second hits beats them second day, but because first place hit day one and is better over all they win. Not fair, you should have a chance to beat a team that is better than you if they have a bad day that is fair. After standings are posted at the end of day 1 and the top 5 teams all hit, you can pretty much guess the placements of day 2. I like the feeling that anything can happen on day two and you can still win.

yeah that's why i asked, i was confused because i have seen her on all 3 of those teams. haha

Logan made F5 yes and got injured and was out until November they filled her spot with another flyer because of her injury. After she was released she was asked to fill in on Cells because of an injury of another girl and was given an opportunity to compete on Weather girls. The young lady in question has only competed on Cells and Weather Girls. You may have seen her in F5's day one uniform because she supports them at every competition so I can see why this is confusing. Logan is now the point flyer on Weather girls !

I like taking the best score from both days. It just means that you need to be consistent both days in order to win and that is what all stars is all about. To be the best of the best you must bring your A game at all times. It also gives those an opportunity to change some stunts/pyramids to make them harder, which is a gamble, after day one standings to try and give them that extra edge on day 2.

I guess I look at it that you can completely bomb one performance which would lack consistency to me, and if you look at the BATC results nearly every team's score was higher on day 2, which gives good indication that the judging panel scored slightly higher on day 2 versus day 1 (this seems to happen at many 2-day comps). Teams that nailed it on day 1 and then had a great performance on day 2 (meaning no mistakes) ended up losing to teams that had issues on day 1 but hit day 2. Just seems like you are too dependent on the judging consistency between the 2 days. I can see both views, I just wish you could score each day exactly the same with this approach, and it just isn't possible given the subjectivity involved.

Not sure I agree, you have a team that you know is better in most categories, they hit day one, you hit your in second, next day the number 1 team has a bad day, and second place team still being second hits beats them second day, but because first place hit day one and is better over all they win. Not fair, you should have a chance to beat a team that is better than you if they have a bad day that is fair. After standings are posted at the end of day 1 and the top 5 teams all hit, you can pretty much guess the placements of day 2. I like the feeling that anything can happen on day two and you can still win.

There are a number of teams that were able to move up on day 2 and were able to win their division.

I guess I look at it that you can completely bomb one performance which would lack consistency to me, and if you look at the BATC results nearly every team's score was higher on day 2, which gives good indication that the judging panel scored slightly higher on day 2 versus day 1 (this seems to happen at many 2-day comps). Teams that nailed it on day 1 and then had a great performance on day 2 (meaning no mistakes) ended up losing to teams that had issues on day 1 but hit day 2. Just seems like you are too dependent on the judging consistency between the 2 days. I can see both views, I just wish you could score each day exactly the same with this approach, and it just isn't possible given the subjectivity involved.

Watching a lot of teams in different divisions, there were many that stepped up on day 2 from day one. I think that is a more logical reason for higher scores than any judging inconsistency.

Maybe a positive from this scoring method is that all the teams are more ecouraged to give it their all on day 2 to keep their spot rather than take it easy because they did well on day 1 and think they don't need to try as hard.

although it was said that teams can still win with this scoring system if they are consistent both days.. IMO it does not favor consistency that much because a team with not as much difficulty but hits solid both days might have won at another competition instead a team with more difficulty hitting one day and bombing another. it is really disappointing to hit a good routine both days and know that it meant nothing just because a team with a harder routine only hit one day.

Day 1 SE

Day 2 SE (I think)

Now PLEASE someone find/post F5 vids!! I really want to see them! I love watching them and when they hit it's awesome!

Logan is on Weather Girls, she started out the year on F5 and has their uniform and came to competitions to support them until she was cleared. There have been to many injuries to count this year on Cells and she was filling in for an injured athlete. Logan has never competed with F5 this season the injury was in November? and she was cleared in February if I am not mistaken so you have mis-information.

probably not misinformation considering she practices with all three. i'm sorry i didnt know that she hasnt competed with f5, i dont usually follow her around at every competition. i'll be sure to do that at worlds though :)

How on earth does somebody who doesn't practice with a team at the level of CEA Senior Elite learn the routine in 15 - 30 minutes including motions, dance, formations, etc? I could understand if she just did the stunt sequences, but I don't see anybody crouching in the back or hiding during everything else. AMAZING!

Logan is no longer on F5 & she has never competed with F5. I want someone to show me one video of any competition where is she performing with them. My daughter is on F5 & we know Logan very well. Just ask her yourself she will tell you that she has never competed with F5. She does have a uniform because they were ordered before she was injured.

Back