Best Allstar Cheer Gym In Austin Area?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On a side note you will loooooove Austin! My parents moved there this past summer and I take any excuse to fly home.

Austin cheer factory is the best choice for higher level cheer. Champions and Capitol, and Prime time are also close.... Any other gym will be an hour-2 hour drive.... Pinnacle Cheer (1 hour) Thunder elite (2 hours) Prodigy allstars (2.5 hours) ......

OK, so hypothetically if I could stand to commute to Houston, where is the best place to cheer there?

Once you move to Austin, call the gyms that you may be interested in to make a scheduled visit. Texas Lonestar is probably about 2 1/2 hours away. It's between 290 and the Beltway right off of hwy 249. Woodlands Elite is a little farther north in The Woodlands and University Cheer is south. We actually had an athlete who did that commute (Austin/TLCC) for quite a few years. Good luck!!!

The big 2 Austin gyms : Austin Cheer Factory and Cheer Station. ACF does not currently have a level 5 this year (or at least i havent heard anything from them) but has a strong lg senior 4 (as seen here december 2010 http://www.cheerleader.net/12112010_San_Antonio/125 Austin Cheer Factory Sr 4.mp4). They did field a worlds team last season though ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBLiygjwqc). Cheer Station has a strong junior 4(as seen here nov. 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llTC-iIfUWY) and a sr. coed 3, possibly an int. coed 5 based on their website. Other than that your closest level five would probably be Pinnacle Cheer (San Antonio area 1-1.5 hour drive with traffic...they have strong lower levels but are fairly new to lv 5) and then Heart Of Texas (Waco area 2 hours). Texas Lonestar, UC and Woodlands are all houston area and will prob be close to 4 hours with Houston traffic(Lonestar would be closest, then Woodlands then UC). Spirit of Texas, CA and Champion are all dallas/ft. worth area and are 2 hours past Waco (4 hours at least with SOT being the closest, then Champion, then CA).

Also Lonestar would be more like 3 rather than 4 with traffic. 4 would be to UC. I didn't phrase it very clearly when I said "close to 4 hours" previously.

Also Lonestar would be more like 3 rather than 4 with traffic. 4 would be to UC. I didn't phrase it very clearly when I said "close to 4 hours" previously.
Good info :) Cant let you forget about Prodigy All-stars... They are up & coming & are actually right of 290.. Which from Austin would be closest :) They have all levels! Great program too! I think at this point... If it were me, and wanted to stay in Austin,, Cheer Station would be an obvious choice :) take care!!!

**cough cough** Don't forget about The Elite Cheer Company (TECC)!!! We're in Austin. We are having a tough year this season, but my daughter and I really like it there and have no plans of leaving.

When my daughter started competiting, she was at a very inexpensive gym that was really more for the fun than anything. Normally the didn't do very well at comps (although she did get a 1st and High Point with them). The gym only competed at Cheerpower events and every event we went to it was the same 3 gyms that won (if they were there). TECC was one of them. All three of those gyms had the most awsome routines and their performance's were un-beatable. Chey Chey always dreamed of maybe one day joining on of those gyms. Of course, not having a crystal ball, I didn't think it would ever happen. But we moved here and she was so excited!!

just sayin!!
wink.png

It's a wiki, if you notice anything missing/incorrect feel free to edit

Thank you!! I added us in!! I'm sure it's missing quite a few Texas gyms. This state has them all over. We will have to watch for TX cheer parents and make sure they check to see if their gym is on there.

OK so now we're really close to moving to Austin but will just miss tryouts at the gyms. She's leaning toward Cheer Factory or Heart of Texas. Any thoughts between those two? Thanks!

OK so now we're really close to moving to Austin but will just miss tryouts at the gyms. She's leaning toward Cheer Factory or Heart of Texas. Any thoughts between those two? Thanks!

I'm going to start by saying that both are great gyms. You aren't going to go wrong picking either, so I just want to throw some stuff out there to think about. First off, ask yourself if you would be committed to driving 2 hours to practice and 2 hours from practice on I-35 (the freeway is known for bad traffic at random places/random times. I literally will be at a stand still in cow fields driving back down to college). Heart of Texas is in Waco, so if you are really needing a lv 5 team it is definitely doable, but is a lot to take on the first year you move to a new place. If I were you, I'd check out Cheer Factory first since it's in town (and perhaps take a glance at any other options in town to be absolutely sure that these locations are/aren't what you're looking for) and go from there. That way if you do decide to take the drive to HOT you are absolutely certain that the drive is necessary for your child.

That being said, I honestly wouldn't drive that far unless I was a solid lv 5 athelte(working doubles, specialty to fulls, etc.) that had no worlds caliber teams near, but that's just my opinion thinking about scheduling. In esscence, you'd have school 8-3ish, drive 3-5, eat a fast food dinner/change 5-5:30ish, arrive at practice 5:45ish, practice 6-8ish, drive home 8-10, shower, sleep and start all over again 2-3 times a week. When you factor in school work (which would have to be done in the car) and possibly school cheer into the mix you have to ask if its realistic for you. Some kids thrive just going and going, some don't.

Thanks! I am hoping she'll find somewhere in Austin she loves, but planning for the worst just in case, lol. We live about 45 minutes from her current gym and leave an hour before practice so I am used to some driving. Someone else mentioned Stars Academy, just north of San Antonio, which I believe is about an hour drive. I did see them perform at Disney recently. Anyone have thoughts on that gym?

no clue on texas gyms, i just took a peek on here because I am a transplanted Texan living in Georgia and wanted to see what gyms were in Texas, I am really impressed with how helpful y'all are being. Just saying... ;)

Back