High School Best High School Team That Competed At Nationals In 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2011
I am trying to find a good video to show my team on what a good team looks like and what we should strive for. Who do you think has the best cheerleading team that competed at NHSCC 2011 in Orlando, Florida?
And an attachment of a link with a video of the teams current routine.

There's a lot of teams that are always good every year such as Dunbar, Greenup County, Sparkman, Bob Jones, etc........ I could go on forever. If I were you though, I'd look up last years winners on the 2011 NHSCC video page and check out their routines. The division rankings are under the schedules and results tab at the bottom of the page. That way you can look up the divisions that are similar to the one your team is planning on going into this year! : http://www.varsity.com/event/1443/2011_national_hs_cheerleading_championship.aspx
Hope that helps :)

What state are you from? I think that's important to think about too. Also, if you've recently taken over a program you don't want to use the National Champion as an example of what to strive for....that's not a realistic or attainable goal. Do a youtube search for teams from your area, and pick one that is a level or two above your teams current level. Change doesn't happen over night.

Thank you. I am actually a cheerleader and we just needed some ides that we would build off and and all your advice helped! Thank you so much!

Pinelands, Burlington, Rocky Point, Bishop McCort, there are tons of great teams! I would recommend watching varsity wired and youtube of course

Bob Jones has amazing stunting skills. They hit the difficulty and stay clean clean clean! With that being said, you may want to show your kids some of the top teams, as well as teams that didn't advance to finals. Attainable goals, as well as seeing a wide range of competition teams, will help your team become more knowledgeable of what's out there and how to grow.

I really wish schools from GA could travel to compete outside the state. I swear we have some of the best teams in the country :)
I'm just wondering, why aren't GA teams able to compete outside of state? The teams are amaaaaaaazing, and so fierce!

I'm just wondering, why aren't GA teams able to compete outside of state? The teams are amaaaaaaazing, and so fierce!
GA High School rules don't allow for our schools to travel outside of the State. We are only allowed 8 competitions and that includes Regions and State, so 6 regular competitions to prepare for State, and JV is only allowed 4. We are also only allowed 16 girls on the floor. Not sure what the reason behind the rule is I just know we don't get to leave our State :(

GA High School rules don't allow for our schools to travel outside of the State. We are only allowed 8 competitions and that includes Regions and State, so 6 regular competitions to prepare for State, and JV is only allowed 4. We are also only allowed 16 girls on the floor. Not sure what the reason behind the rule is I just know we don't get to leave our State :(
Michigan has those same rules except i believe varsity is allowed 10 or 12

Maryland is similar, but we were allowed to have 20 people on the floor untill this year its not 25 (except for the county I coach in is still 20, kind of a slight disadvantage). We can't leave the state or do anything on Sundays, practice or compete. And we are allowed 3 competions each season fall and winter then counties, regionals, and states for each season. So theirs a possiblity of 12 for the whole year if you make it to regionals and states both seasons.

Latest posts

Back