All-Star Blue Debut 2014!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is a weird thing to be impressed with (but I never paid it much attention before this year) but I'm continually amazed with the science to the choreography. There's no crazy running from one section to the next. They just seem to land exactly where they need to be to step into the next section. For years I swear my kids expended more energy getting from one section to the next than they did in the section itself. These routines are just...not stressful...in that sense. I'm amazed every practice just watching how it all just goes together seamlessly. It's clean and doesn't hurt my brain to try and keep up with (if that makes sense).
Those are the practices that drive the SMs CRAZY!! "Why are they just standing around??" "Why is Suzie in the back??" "Why doesn't Suzie have a tumbling pass??" I just love watching all the "brain storming" that goes into the routine and seeing all the pieces magically come together.

Those are the practices that drive the SMs CRAZY!! "Why are they just standing around??" "Why is Suzie in the back??" "Why doesn't Suzie have a tumbling pass??" I just love watching all the "brain storming" that goes into the routine and seeing all the pieces magically come together.

Me too! I got an SM smackdown during choreo when I said out loud that I wished I was in the room with them, so I could hear what they were saying. Funny thing is, I couldn't care less where cp was placed...I just wanted to watch the process!

Yesterday, I could see CP's team watching a video of their routine. I asked her if the coaches were playing it frame by frame to get a good look at everything. Her response - "No. That was the Cheer Live video.":confused:
'
I rated the post funny ...but in reality, when you realize that you are paying for the service, it is not!

Me too! I got an SM smackdown during choreo when I said out loud that I wished I was in the room with them, so I could hear what they were saying. Funny thing is, I couldn't care less where cp was placed...I just wanted to watch the process!
Me, too!!

Yesterday, I could see CP's team watching a video of their routine. I asked her if the coaches were playing it frame by frame to get a good look at everything. Her response - "No. That was the Cheer Live video.":confused:
I laughed WAY too loudly at this! I'm still laughing actually....

It's kindof nice for mine, they've got squad tumbling so there's several that just throw the first level pass and step to the back of the mat for everyone going again to meet the second one for high range. They're mostly backspots for the next section that's coming up so mine just gets to chill out and scream her lungs up for her teammates and gets a little breather. It's nice to have everyone on the team with level skills so that you actually have more tumbling than you need. We've completely never had that experience before in our nine years of cheer. It's usually been the opposite.

I'm ain't mad at it.

But, I also stopped being an SM a long time ago.

Yes, she's got a very nice full (the CA Charlotte 2x2 video caught it just before the ReignCats said good luck) but why bother making her run around to throw it a second time just to run back to the spot you just landed in if you don't actually need it for the scoresheet. Brilliant.

Forgive me but what does the acronym SM stand for? Is there a place on the board with all the lingo listed - it's been a while since I've had to look at the newbie stuff!

Speaks highly of the quality, lol

Forgive me but what does the acronym SM stand for? Is there a place on the board with all the lingo listed - it's been a while since I've had to look at the newbie stuff!
There is a spot in the Newbie area that does list common abbreviations and lingo. Might be worth skimming.

@Cheer Dad - I did check this Fierce Board Terms | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer and didn't see SM .. so maybe it's a new one to add if it's used enough :) Thanks for directing me towards it!
I just looked and you are right! How in the world did SM not make the list?! btw - SD is Suzie's Dad. 9 times out of 10 if there is a Susie she not only has her mom garfielding in the parent room but Dad is learning how to teach tumbling and stunting.

Back