All-Star Blue Debut 2014!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've tangled with Suzie's Mom more times than I can count, but I have only dealt with Suzie's Dad on one occasion.

Suzie's Dad cheered and as a result, taught Suzie to "coed stunt" from the time she was 4.

Daughter comes in to Y2 and Daddy thinks Suze is going to be point.

Wrong. She based.

Why? Because learning to stunt with you actually taught her to be awful in the air because:

1. Coed has a completely different feel in the air from all girl.

2. Stunting with a grown adult teaches you very little about stunting in a group with similarly sized GIRLS.

2. Stunting with a grown adult teaches you very little about stunting in a group with similarly sized GIRLS.
Snaps for this. I can't even begin to count how many times I have heard "why isn't ___ a flyer? She goes to privates for flying with coaches and girls from blahblah team and blahblah team...she is amazing!" There is something completely different than stunting with trained bases who have competed on higher levels for multiple years and girls who are just learning to stunt at a certain level.

all of the CA teams look good for october, but im kinda disappointed in Panthers dance this season, just not feeling it. i know that without music its hard to judge. but i dont know. when does CA plan on releasing the level 5 teams music....

I was talking to my new son-in-law about some of our athletes and I mentioned "Victoria Swain".

"Wait," he said, "her name is Victorious?" (as in: "Victorious Wayne")

I thought that was awesome, so I call her Victorious. (It helps that she has a pretty strong set of results with her teams.)
I love it. She should get it on a t-shirt :D

I've spent my life performing (between acting, dance, and the bits you can with gymnastics), so it's always a joy to watch someone who does it well and does it naturally. Like the allstars on SYTYCD- pure art.

I love it. She should get it on a t-shirt :D

I've spent my life performing (between acting, dance, and the bits you can with gymnastics), so it's always a joy to watch someone who does it well and does it naturally. Like the allstars on SYTYCD- pure art.

yeses she's got the fierceness of Comfort !

We've completely never had that experience before in our nine years of cheer. It's usually been the opposite.

Yes, she's got a very nice full (the CA Charlotte 2x2 video caught it just before the ReignCats said good luck) but why bother making her run around to throw it a second time just to run back to the spot you just landed in if you don't actually need it for the scoresheet. Brilliant.
In my 8 years as a cheer fan I always cringed during transitions because they were just this side of chaotic - until we changed gyms. It is absolutely amazing how much thought goes into the athlete placement in each element of the routine. It is also brilliant how the routines' choreography takes into consideration each athlete's strengths and weaknesses.
I will have to go back and watch the 2x2 video and watch for your CP - it was really hard to see and hear it from where we were sitting.

It's a shame a non cheer live video of fiercekatz isn't up, because the dance just isn't the same on the choppy feed.

I will be needing a non choppy video of FierceKatz ASAP. That dance was SLAYING me in the choppy vid and I can only imagine how good it looks normal quality.

I found it! You guys are right. Their dance is fierce!

all of the CA teams look good for october, but im kinda disappointed in Panthers dance this season, just not feeling it. i know that without music its hard to judge. but i dont know. when does CA plan on releasing the level 5 teams music....
Eric Little tweeted yesterday that he was in Dallas doing a new dance for Panthers and LadyKatz!

Back