All-Star Braces

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like braces are more of a positive thing.... help keep your teeth from getting knocked out. But thats prob because im more afraid of getting my teeth knocked out vs a bloody lip.

my first year coaching i had two girls both with braces butt heads. one was a base the other the flyer, can't remember the skill it was either a basket or cradle. anyways their braces locked with each other and one of the girls went through her lip to lock with the other girls. nastiest thing i've ever seen. luckily it was the very end of practice and their parents were outside in the car waiting to pick them up. they came in and detached them from each other. other than that we've only ever had the occasional bloody mouth issues.

I've had braces for a good amount of my cheer career. I've been a back or a base forever and I'm the one who always takes it for the team and dives to the floor to save my flyer. I've only had a few bloody mouths but nothing too serious, your mouth eventually gets used to it and just doesn't bleed, it may feel a little uncomfortable but you'll get used to it. Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

my first year coaching i had two girls both with braces butt heads. one was a base the other the flyer, can't remember the skill it was either a basket or cradle. anyways their braces locked with each other and one of the girls went through her lip to lock with the other girls. nastiest thing i've ever seen. luckily it was the very end of practice and their parents were outside in the car waiting to pick them up. they came in and detached them from each other. other than that we've only ever had the occasional bloody mouth issues.
AH!

Back