All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well starting next week, regardless of what gym you are from, where you are are trying out, or what gym's t-shirt you are wearing, you can go to "the Clawstle" (working nickname - thank you KateMarie89) and take classes. Even better - we won't charge you for classes in May.
Will you fly cp in to take the free classes?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Hater Shades, trying to be relevant since 2009.

We were told at that point we were not allowed to return unless we were trying out there. And so we've never been back because that gym still has that rule (and it's a different gym than the one wed left).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Is there a point where you need to ask "Hey do you intend to cheer here?" Yes.

It is not before tryouts.

Welcome to Charlotte :)

We haven't been looking to tumble anywhere else this season so I haven't run into this specifically (outside of already knowing they couldn't work with their former coaches) but it's not out of the ordinary around here.

We were evicted from a gym we'd been doing open tumbling with last year (it was like a $10, 2 hr class and was great) when we were asked our tryout intentions specifically....and specifically answered (honestly) where they were going to tryout for 13-14.

We were told at that point we were not allowed to return unless we were trying out there. And so we've never been back because that gym still has that rule (and it's a different gym than the one wed left).
How does that even go down. Do they have a polite way of saying go kick rocks and you're not welcome back, or is it just flat out said? Seems like a terrible business policy!

Android

How does that even go down. Do they have a polite way of saying go kick rocks and you're not welcome back, or is it just flat out said? Seems like a terrible business policy!

Android
It was a very brief exchange through direct messages on social media that came out of the clear blue sky.

This has been a major problem for us since the season ended. Finding somewhere for CP to tumble has been impossible. She finished the season with her gym April 12. Since the announcement that CA is coming to town all the local gyms have shut their doors to non members. You used to be able to pay $10 per class at several gyms. But we were told that unless we filled out registration packet for next season, paid tryout fee & gave a voided check for next years tuition to be drafted we couldn't tumble. This is definitely something new to this area. We call it "The CA effect" ;)

I know somewhere you can tumble. Not saying it's convenient to where you live but.........I do know an option!

I know somewhere you can tumble. Not saying it's convenient to where you live but.........I do know an option!
Then the location you're at is different than the Lake Norman & Charlotte locations because we were told exactly what I posted by both.

ETA-we figured it would be the same at all locations after being told that. CP did tumble at Kville (& had some awesome coaches) some before.

And yet those of us who cross locations wonder why there isn't more uniformity yet we stay for the great coaching and friends.... Personally I think it says a lot how many of us hate how things are run at a certain location but wouldn't even consider another gym bc the coaches are so great at motivating and advancing the athletes' skills.

I have nothing bad to say about CEA. Nothing, they were nice to us at each location when we've been. After the season ended, at 2 locations they would not allow us to tumble without registration or to take private lessons. We did not judge them for that, it's their gym! We were not members there and knew we weren't going to be so we did not blame them for it. It's just a change from how things were done in the past. No CEA shade needs to be thrown. We've never been a part of CEA but they had always been awesome about allowing us to come in there & nothing but nice.

Then the location you're at is different than the Lake Norman & Charlotte locations because we were told exactly what I posted by both.

ETA-we figured it would be the same at all locations after being told that. CP did tumble at Kville (& had some awesome coaches) some before.

I didn't say it was Kernersville, just said I knew a place you could go tumble. It's a friend's gym!

Back