All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm still confused as to why it's drama on us when we go to Charlotte (even though we're right next door) and it's not drama when CA come to Charlotte... from TEXAS. I'm in complete agreement with @mstealtoyou here... definitely a double standard.

Anyway, I'm actually happy that CA is coming. Less traveling and good competition. I'm sure we'll lose some and gain some... just like any other year. Welcome to Carolina, @BlueCat!

I'm still confused as to why it's drama on us when we go to Charlotte (even though we're right next door) and it's not drama when CA come to Charlotte... from TEXAS. I'm in complete agreement with @mstealtoyou here... definitely a double standard.

Anyway, I'm actually happy that CA is coming. Less traveling and good competition. I'm sure we'll lose some and gain some... just like any other year. Welcome to Carolina, @BlueCat!

Thank you for the invite. We will do our best to be good neighbors.

I see what your saying, but CA put their gym roughly 37 miles away from CEA Charlotte & CAC. CEA built their gym a few miles & a few minutes from CAC. The only gyms in this "neck of the woods" are small gyms. The address is Charlotte but it is in an area we consider Huntersville. For someone who was driving 35 miles to a gym it's awesome to have this one 6 miles away!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm admittedly not too "in the loop" on the workings of cheer in the Charlotte area. I'm new here. But as far as the big gyms in the area go I could potentially see Charlotte being impacted more than CEA as far as level 5 goes. CEA's biggest (and "main") locations are hours north in Raleigh and Kernersville. Their level 5 programs from those locations and contend for Worlds titles annually. Charlotte has multiple locations but all are concentrated around the Charlotte area. Their program has a rich history but it has been a while since their level 5 programs have contended for a globe at Worlds.

I think you will see a decent influx from both programs as far as levels 1-4 go, but CAC may be more "affected" than CEA as far as level 5's go. Just look at a map. The strongest CEA level 5s are located a few hours north, while the strongest CAC level 5s are about 30 miles. This new location is a decent drive from both though being in north Charlotte, so it's not going to decimate either program by any means.

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is the coaching style of these gyms. I've never cheered for CEA, CAC, or CA but from my understanding they all have vastly different philosophies on how their programs should be run. I can't see someone who is happy with the way their current gym/team is coached switching to CA just because of the name recognition.

sorry but the double standard thing is quite weak. CEA move to Charlotte was a lot more than just a "business decision" everyone in NC knows that! Plus add in the CEA gym that never was right next to the One United gym? Same with the Gym right next to EC Cats?

@BlueCat!

I absolutely disagree with you! I haven't seen any of the tactics used during the last gym opening used in this situation. It's early in the process but based on CA's reputation I expect it will continue to be a smooth and professional opening.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

sorry but the double standard thing is quite weak. CEA move to Charlotte was a lot more than just a "business decision" everyone in NC knows that! Plus add in the CEA gym that never was right next to the One United gym? Same with the Gym right next to EC Cats?

I think people are just meaning a double standard as in when CEA does this its the end of the world and they are horrible people (represented by your post) but when other gyms do it its "great for the state and bringing new options for families".

I don't personally agree/disagree with either view, but the double standard post has pretty much played out in this thread in only an hour or so.

Like said on here already there is a lot of History in NC. I can see both sides of the double standard statement. CEA see's it as a double standard because they are looked down upon when they open near another location, while Cheer Athletics is praised. However, you also have to look at the other side of the coin on why CEA isn't exactly liked in the state.

Cheer Athletics: Power House Gym, that likes the feel of heavily cheer populated areas that offer a cost effecient competition season for parents by reducing Travel Costs. Charlotte/NC is driving distance to Atlanta for Cheersport in order for the gym to have a Large national competiton within cost efficiency as well has multiple two day events within in the state itself. You also have a gym who is used to having their hardest competiton being with their own friendly neighbors throughout most of the season. Charlotte becomes a perfect fit for them as it is designed much like what they are already used to in Texas. Their methods seem sane and just and therefore are much more welcomed.

Cheer Extreme: Whether you see it or not has a habit of opening gyms in very close proximity to already established programs. There is little to no drive difference for most athletes at the competitor location. It has sort of just always happend that way in NC. CAC, EC Cats, One United...these were all already mentioned. If you go further back you can say the same for their Raleigh location with what was once Champion/Impact/Raleigh Rage back in the day, or Wake Forest Allstars and the Salem location. While I understand that this is a perfectly acceptable business practice (a bit Walmart-ish but acceptable either way), it does not sit well with many people in NC to see this practice when compared to that of CA.

So that is why people say the crying of "double standard" is a fairly weak argument. The basis and proximity of openings has been drastically different between both programs.

*sidenote: I have no understanding of the CA gym opening beyond what I have seen or read on here. My explination was solely based off of my own opininon of what seemed logical.

Back