All-Star California All Stars Showcase 10/13/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do understand the points made and agree that when all is said and done it is up to the coaches. I am just saying that I have seen situations where hard feelings have developed. I guess that makes me appreciate the coach we have who feels everyone should get their moment in the sun, no matter how small or large that moment is. I also would like to add that I didn't say it was right or wrong, I just said that you are dealing with 20-32 kids, try not to make 19-31 of them feel unworthy, that's all.

They're on Mafia...I doubt any of them feel unworthy.

Well folks I believe we are going to have to agree to disagree. While I can see your viewpoint you will have to have children of your own and have a few more years under your belt before you will be able to see both sides to this. And even more so appreciate both sides. Never said you were right or wrong, never said that any child should or should not be point for the whole routine, just asked you to visit a different perspective. And for the record I am acquainted with the team involved and know for a fact that they are a wonderful group of cheerleaders with a fantastic coach. I was just trying to get you to see both sides of the argument, my bad.

Well folks I believe we are going to have to agree to disagree. While I can see your viewpoint you will have to have children of your own and have a few more years under your belt before you will be able to see both sides to this. And even more so appreciate both sides. Never said you were right or wrong, never said that any child should or should not be point for the whole routine, just asked you to visit a different perspective. And for the record I am acquainted with the team involved and know for a fact that they are a wonderful group of cheerleaders with a fantastic coach. I was just trying to get you to see both sides of the argument, my bad.

Even as a coach, I can see both sides. Parents put a lot of time and money into giving their kids an opportunity and they want to see them get a chance to shine. I don't think there is anything wrong with a parent feeling that way. At the same time, when it gets to a certain level of skill and competition, coaches are going to do what they need to do to maximize their team's potential and create the best possible routine, even if that means a few or even one athlete get all of the "point" positions. I don't think there is anything wrong with that when you're talking about a world class level 5 team. Both sides have a valid argument IMO.

Also, let's not forget that this little girl was running around in a bright pink cast. She's not going to stick out that much when they're in uniform and she's actually performing with the rest of the team. :)

That's Laney. And if she is talented forever everything. than why not? I'm sure coaches don't say oh you're point for stunts so you won't be last pass .
I completely understand that and I wasn't questioning the coaches at all, I mean I'm sure she's extremely talented! But maybe another kid might have good jumps or is a good dancer and still have the talented girl in the front. I think it's good to see a variety in the point, I can understand being point for stunts and tumbling but everything might be a stretch haha just my opinion!

In regards to Laney being point, the only place it bugs me is the opening because there's no gender symmetry. I know there's only one boy, and he may not be as "center worthy" as Laney, but it still throws my OCD into overdrive.

In regards to Laney being point, the only place it bugs me is the opening because there's no gender symmetry. I know there's only one boy, and he may not be as "center worthy" as Laney, but it still throws my OCD into overdrive.
if you look at the routine there are plenty of other center worthy athletes on this team...including the one boy... not sure why they chose to highlight just one

Yeah I'm pretty sure the new flyers name is stephanie
If it's the Stephanie I think you're talking about she is AMAZING! I thought she went to PCM, but saw her in a Cali pic. She has improved so much since I last saw her at Fierce. Her tumbling and stunting are terrific....she's the total package.

If it's the Stephanie I think you're talking about she is AMAZING! I thought she went to PCM, but saw her in a Cali pic. She has improved so much since I last saw her at Fierce. Her tumbling and stunting are terrific....she's the total package.
She did go to PCM, then left shortly after.

Back