All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year when I went I didn't have my backhandspring yet and it was my first year and I got tapped!!

I only went ot 2 open gyms the whole week (I really liked making new friends the rest of the time who shared a common intrest, cheering, with me) and got tapped. i would say i worked hard and got a lot out of what my coaches told me and that was why i got taped not because of my attendance at open gyms.

Sorry, if it has already been answered. I didn't read this whole thread. Do they get a chance to practice stunting & flying? For example my daughter is struggling with her full down. Do they practice stuff like this?

Sorry, if it has already been answered. I didn't read this whole thread. Do they get a chance to practice stunting & flying? For example my daughter is struggling with her full down. Do they practice stuff like this?
at woodward west the only time we could do stunts was at open gym, other wise mandatory practice time was for tumbling

During open gym in the cheer gym on Floor 2 you can stunt but you just have to go up to the coaches on that floor working it and let them know. If you need help just ask because they will help you

At the open gyms, is there someone there to spot? At some gyms where I live open gyms are basically a free for all. Im assuming at Woodward there's spotters though.

There are coaches stationed at every floor to help with instruction and spotting. I know when I am there I will often go to open gym even when I am not scheduled just because the environment is awesome and you see a lot of the new skills being thrown there.

My daughter Loves WOODWARD! She has been tapped the last two years but unfortunately could not go back due to mandatory cheer camp the week of week 12. I think it is a wonderful program and my daughter has made a ton of friends from across the country. :)

CP and I are leaving early Saturday morning for week 12. I feel like I should be packing or something, but waiting until the last minute makes it so much more exciting...:oops:

Back