All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

got back from woodward yesterday and had an amazing time! i got tapped but im already going week 12 for free because im a JC

Just dropped my CP off for Week 9-it was her first year, but she was PSYCHED...I think we were in her cabin like 5 minutes before she asked us to leave :) Question....I just found out I'm getting a bonus at work, and I was thinking of suprising her by letter her stay for Week 10. Anybody know if 1) they have openings for Week 10 and 2) would there be somewhere for her to do laundry on Saturday? Of course I didn't find out about the bonus until I checked my work email when I got home today!
you can do laundry there! im not totally sure about all the details but i saw a sign for it in the canteen!

I got home today from week 8(my gym got to stay a extra day because we brought more then 20 people). I had a amazing time and I got tapped too! A bunch of girls from my gym who got tapped are are already planing to go back for week 12!!

Leaving in a few hours to take my cp.....her gym had choreography camp today till 5. Gonna be a long ride!!!!! She is getting excited!!!
How'd it go??? Are you guys still in Ohio, I heard you all went up there to see your mom. Is she doing ok??? Hope Joely had a blast at Camp! I saw her on that video like 8 times... Doing her double and playing Chicken-n-the hen house!!! See you guys soon! and Alpha Rays Practice wear came in!!!

Just dropped my CP off for Week 9-it was her first year, but she was PSYCHED...I think we were in her cabin like 5 minutes before she asked us to leave :) Question....I just found out I'm getting a bonus at work, and I was thinking of suprising her by letter her stay for Week 10. Anybody know if 1) they have openings for Week 10 and 2) would there be somewhere for her to do laundry on Saturday? Of course I didn't find out about the bonus until I checked my work email when I got home today!

yes, there is laundry on the weekend that (I'm pretty sure) you have to pay for. But the best thing to do is to call the office and ask them the details on that, including whether week 10 is already full, ect.

She is a lucky girl is she gets to stay another week!

I got tapped this year but my mom wouldn't let me go back. :(

What is the whole thing about being tapped? I understand you get to come back-but does it have to do with skill level? My daughter is working on her back handspring, which obviously in the cheer world is a very beginner/basic skill. This is her first year in allstar cheer, and she was super pumped to get to go to camp, raised 1/2 her camp cost herself, etc....and she called last night and said "this is the most awesome place, next year I want to do 2 weeks!"

What is the whole thing about being tapped? I understand you get to come back-but does it have to do with skill level? My daughter is working on her back handspring, which obviously in the cheer world is a very beginner/basic skill. This is her first year in allstar cheer, and she was super pumped to get to go to camp, raised 1/2 her camp cost herself, etc....and she called last night and said "this is the most awesome place, next year I want to do 2 weeks!"
being tapped means that you're a really hard worker, always super positive, and in the gym all the time-so going to open gyms, and also being supportive/helping to others! and skill level doesn't really matter as long as you're trying your hardest.

Laundry is 1.75 per pound and if she sends her clothes out sat she'll have them back monday so make sure she keeps a couple pairs of things behind so she has something to wear those couple of days.

Call the office they would be the ones to know. I believe week 10 has some openings but not many so call asap.

If she gets tapped she has the opportunity to go back week 12 for $300 off her entire stay. Pretty much she just has to look like shes having fun and not be afraid to try things and always have a positive attitude. If she attends the open gyms and works really hard she could possibly win Target award too. Which is given out to 1 morning session kid and 1 afternoon session kid who takes full advantage of the camp works hard and has a great attitude gets along with everyone and just a great kid in general.

being tapped means that you're a really hard worker, always super positive, and in the gym all the time-so going to open gyms, and also being supportive/helping to others! and skill level doesn't really matter as long as you're trying your hardest.
The coaches don't pick the Tapp kid on outside of class work. They can only judge it on how you are during your mandatory. Outside of class goes toward Target award.

The coaches don't pick the Tapp kid on outside of class work. They can only judge it on how you are during your mandatory. Outside of class goes toward Target award.
my counceler said that going to open gyms and working outside of mandatory was a part of being tapped

Last year when I went I didn't have my backhandspring yet and it was my first year and I got tapped!!

Thanks for the info everyone! Although, I'm not sure she could go back Week 12...that's the first week of school :-( We shall see what happens, she was super excited when I talked to her last night!

oh! well I was at woodward west anyways, so maybe it's a bit different? or it could be the girls in my cabin said that going to open gym helped to get tapped.

Back