All-Star Camp Woodward Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are cheerleaders allowed to tumble in their cheer shoes at all times?

Power tumbling is a completely different program that is gymnastics based. While you can sign up for a week at a time, most of our coaches stay for 4+ weeks, so there is always a degree of solidarity. Every week each group has a Master Staff coach that is very experienced and has worked at camp for many years. Other coaches working with them may be from Cheer Extreme, Top Gun, Louisville, Collegiate universities, etc. so kids will always get the highest level of coaching.

On your website there is a list of instructors/bios from last year. Will there be any information given prior to enrolling my child who the instructors will be this summer and who will be there which week?

On your website there is a list of instructors/bios from last year. Will there be any information given prior to enrolling my child who the instructors will be this summer and who will be there which week?

All of the coaches that are listed on our website are reoccurring coaches throughout the summer. While many of our coaches are head coaches at other gyms and universities, they schedule their working weeks later on in the season when they know their own schedules so we would be unable to compose a cohesive list enough in advance to let people pick and choose weeks, but we guarantee any week you sign up for will have experienced coaches in every level of cheer.

It's not really very close to anything, really. It isn't TOO far from Penn State University. But the town is actually called "Woodward" ... the camp is down the road a few miles from the town. I've had the priviledge of coaching there a few times, but not on the cheer side (in fact the first 4 years that I coached there, there WAS no cheerleading).

[Sorry - hit "enter" too soon.]

I REALLY love coaching there. The staff is great, the facilities are to die for and the athletes are all excited to be learning and are focused on developing. It also helps that all of the other pressures (school, family, friends, other distractions) are not present so the training accomplishments are excelerated. Woodward is a "Magic Place."

... the training accomplishments are accelerated, too! Whoops.
redface.png

the training accomplishments are excelerated.

Adult "Campers" (18+) can usually go any week that isn't full but must submit to a background check and stay with the camp staff. There is also an adult week which is usually the last week of the summer session (and a lot of fun!).

I was just searching for this thread to ask whether or not 18+ attends.... I am dreaming big right now lol

does anyone know how there is a woodward cheer team? is it from the camp? and they are like going to competitions and stuff?

does anyone know how there is a woodward cheer team? is it from the camp? and they are like going to competitions and stuff?

They have counselors on the team and yes it is from the camp. They went to Jamfest Supernationals and I think they're going to cheersport.. don't quote me though.

how many girls are housed together and how many bathrooms and showers are there??

There was 14 girls in my cabin I think. There were two sinks outside the bathroom just like in the cabin, and one toilet and shower in the bathroom. There is a big bathroom by the pool with a bunch of showers and a little changing area. Most of the girls in my cabin just made a trip to the big bathroom every night for our showers because the water pressure was much better. Make sure you bring flip flops to wear in the shower! The cabins that are right by the bathroom don't have a bathroom in them I don't think.

Back