OT Can Someone Please Tell Me What's So Good About Orange Is The New Black

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 29, 2014
I don't watch too much TV but lately I been wanting to get into a new show. OITNB, seems to be the talk lately about tv series. Can someone ease basically sum it all up for me? What makes it so grate?

why would you spend time typing that out specifically to be insulting?

Didn't anyone ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all?

ETA* look at your grammar too
I meant the show is great. Not insulting. And yeah I have awful grammar too. I know

When I actually read the post I thought it had a bit of an insulting tone to it too. May not have been the person's intentions, but that is how it came across to me.
I am just going to apologize. I didn't mean to insult or be rude to anybody. I just wanted to day the show is great. I would give it a 10/10 and I am excited for the next season. I apologize if I came on to strong.

I'm not sure how much you can describe without being in the 18+ section. It's about women in prison, how they ended up there, and how they survive. I enjoy the show, but it can be pretty shocking for me at times. It's very raw.

Naïve mom here. I turned it on to see what all the hype was about while the dishwasher repair man was in the kitchen along with my youngest....awkward. I walked into a different room and my youngest yelled, "um, mom, I think you need to rethink your TV viewing selection..." I had no idea. I'm personally not a fan, but the material is a little heavy for me, I'm more of a sit-com kind of gal.

Naïve mom here. I turned it on to see what all the hype was about while the dishwasher repair man was in the kitchen along with my youngest....awkward. I walked into a different room and my youngest yelled, "um, mom, I think you need to rethink your TV viewing selection..." I had no idea. I'm personally not a fan, but the material is a little heavy for me, I'm more of a sit-com kind of gal.

Yeah, I only watch it in my locked bedroom. Haha! If my adult children watch, I don't want to know.

Yeah, I only watch it in my locked bedroom. Haha! If my adult children watch, I don't want to know.
Agreed. I do not want dh to know that former-cp17 has watched it. I will keep that info on the dl, which is easy since he has no interest in it. And if my mother watches it at some point, I do not want to know either.

Back