All-Star Cea Team Announcements For 2012-2013 Kernersville

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe this is for all the kids, not just level 5. I think it's actually a really cool idea, coming from a coaching stand point. You're always trying to find new ways to connect with your athletes, make it more heartfelt. The staff is there to answer any team placement questions and the lists will also be posted online if people don't want to attend. I think if they did it for only the Level 5 teams it would look like that's all they care about, and it doesn't seem that's the case. But you have the staff right there to answer any questions about why you made that team.

Exactly

With over 280 athletes plus their parents, our gym just can't hold to that capacity and have a meaningful productive meeting. If I had to guess she will give an overview of how teams were selected, skills needed to make that team and handing out team information as far as skills camps dates, possible travel schedule, etc.

She always does parent team meetings every year at this time by new team. So, it will be the same information just done in a different setting.

Each kid will have an envelope with their name on it and inside they will get their team placement.
Didn't realize it had a parent meeting attached to it. That makes sense, especially if the gym isn't very large physically.

And for some kids, its going to be horrible and a nightmare. Not that I think people shouldn't celebrate victory, but some kids are going to be upset that they didn't make a certain team or level. Yes, you can argue that life isn't fair and kids need to learn this, but its alot easier to learn it in the privacy of their own home than out in front of 200 of their closest peers.
I get what you are saying, but I doubt it is mandatory to open the envelope in front of everyone. If I had a child that was borderline I would ask them if they wanted to open it there or step outside or maybe wait till they got home.

Didn't realize it had a parent meeting attached to it. That makes sense, especially if the gym isn't very large physically.

I also forgot to add along with our gym not being able to accommodate that many people at 1 time, we also do not have the parking available for that large number either. Plus, I hear there's a power point presentation involved. LOL I couldn't be more excited!!! :D

This is only in Kernersville.

Greenville, Raleigh, Sanford, Lake Norman, Charlotte and Salem already have their team placements and are actively practicing right now.

Somethings that work for one gym may not work for others. At try outs there were 197 level 5 athletes that tried out alone. This season coming up in the K-ville gym there are going to be 7-8 level 5 teams alone. Now add in level 1-4 mini to sr age teams and your talking a ton of athletes. This meeting was the best solution to house the athletes and parents for one major parent meeting. If you know courtney she loves ceremonies which i think is amazing. When you get older and look back you may not remember every comp of the season but you will remember your first meeting of the season with 2000 new friends and family, finding out what team your on. It also allows parents the chance to ask questions face to face with the staff and not over phone or email. A little personal touch done with class :)

And for some kids, its going to be horrible and a nightmare. Not that I think people shouldn't celebrate victory, but some kids are going to be upset that they didn't make a certain team or level. Yes, you can argue that life isn't fair and kids need to learn this, but its alot easier to learn it in the privacy of their own home than out in front of 200 of their closest peers.

Good screen name. I encourage it's use.

I heard Celine Dion will be there and will sing the names of the girls that made senior elite. FYI-Courtney's post on fb:

Urgent spread the word news:
True to CEA ceremonious style.. Kernersville athletes may find out their 2012-2013 team placement tomorrow night at 6:30 our church "The Bridge" located 1/2 mile from the Kville gym. All athlete's will find their names on the outside of a personal envelope. Inside their team/practice time/team mom will be listed. Our staff will be dressed up for the occasion and ava
ilable to answer all questions in person. We can't wait to see your reactions!! (we are that excited about your teams) I am giving the ONE majorly informative parent meeting of the season detailing all relevant information about scheduling, summer camp, and our selection process. We will post the rosters at midnight tomorrow night on line for those who cannot attend, however each parent will need to at least a representative to collect very important paperwork and listen to my power point presentation. It is highly recommended that athletes and parents alike attend. Light refreshments will be served :). Realizing this is short notice it is completely fine to send someone or to wait for rosters to be published however this is your best opportunity to address concerns on team placements with our whole staff and we feel it is important to have that opportunity in person. Good Luck

The Bridge is located at
1080 Old Greensboro Rd
Kernersville NC

Somethings that work for one gym may not work for others. At try outs there were 197 level 5 athletes that tried out alone. This season coming up in the K-ville gym there are going to be 7-8 level 5 teams alone. Now add in level 1-4 mini to sr age teams and your talking a ton of athletes. This meeting was the best solution to house the athletes and parents for one major parent meeting. If you know courtney she loves ceremonies which i think is amazing. When you get older and look back you may not remember every comp of the season but you will remember your first meeting of the season with 2000 new friends and family, finding out what team your on. It also allows parents the chance to ask questions face to face with the staff and not over phone or email. A little personal touch done with class :)

Only 4 worlds teams. Courtney said so on twitter

Back