All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There's got to be at least 100 different cheer gyms in Southern California, so attendance shouldn't be a problem (many of which already attend nca, worlds and summit). And I'm pretty sure, if I remember correctly, that levels 1-4 weren't very big at last years champions league anyways.

Vegas would definitely have been a better venue. The area around USC is pretty sketchy. It's not exactly easy to get to and there aren't many decent hotels close by. Vegas has plenty of hotels and is easier to drive around in.

It is, however, refreshing to have a good number of level 5 teams coming to the west coast tho!

Last edited:
So sketchy is no bueno for me. Could any of you who are familiar with the area PM me some hotel suggestions and also if you know where NOT to stay that would be good to know as well. If it is better to stay outside the area and rent a car, etc. any suggestions you have would be helpful. Thank you!

So sketchy is no bueno for me. Could any of you who are familiar with the area PM me some hotel suggestions and also if you know where NOT to stay that would be good to know as well. If it is better to stay outside the area and rent a car, etc. any suggestions you have would be helpful. Thank you!

It is LA you will need a car - period.

Totally agree with you. I understand that if they want that whole Hollywood effect, then LA makes sense, but honestly somewhere in Anaheim/Orange would have been a better area. It's still close enough to LA, just much nicer/safer/cleaner than downtown LA...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

There is really NOTHING to do in that area, we don't even stay and eat in that area. Long Beach would also be a great area, and yes Anaheim would've been great too

And Brazil is NOWHERE near ready. You thought Russia was bad? Between this and Rio 2016, it's going to be a NIGHTMARE.

rio still needs to clear the guanabara bay, where the sailing events will be held, of all the dead dogs and humans, coaches, tires, kitchen appliances and sewage that are floating in it. one of the main rio official officials stated that they won't have enough time to clean it up by 2016. you kow things are bad when there is a 2-year waiting time frame before dead bodies can be recovered.

Rio 2016 Olympics: Sailors warned over sewage-infested waters, dog carcasses and even 'human corpses' in Guanabara Bay - Olympics - Sport - The Independent

stay somewhere within the green. id recommend santa monica.

apiqw.png

Last edited:
I just looked. Its almost double to fly to LAX instead of Vegas. I can see a lot of spectators not going.
Yes maybe east coast spectators, but now all the west coast spectators can go, I must say that everyone east of the Mississippi tend to believe that only big events deserve to be on the east coast, minus nca of course. There are people out west that are just as cheer crazy. =)

I have to just completely and utterly disagree with you on that point. As a South African citizen myself (I don't live there ) but also as someone who was in South Africa for the three weeks the World Cup was on and who went to many of the matches, I have to say I believe they did an excellent job hosting such a massive competition.

Sure, there were worries and doubts about the ability of both the economy and the infrastructure in the country to host such an event, however these were mainly by outside parties and once the World Cup started I never heard a single person complain about it or claim it wasn't successful. So for you to now say that the economy was too unstable to host it is rather bizarre to me considering it was such a success.

Sorry for the hijack and now back to cheerleading......

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

(volleying back once and I'm done) I wasn't saying South Africa did a poor job hosting--they did great. The aftermath of the cup, however, has been disastrous, especially for the lower class. Large stadiums built now sit either unused or underused. This article is a pretty solid summary of everything: South Africa still counting the cost of the 2010 World Cup | eNCA

I have to just completely and utterly disagree with you on that point. As a South African citizen myself (I don't live there ) but also as someone who was in South Africa for the three weeks the World Cup was on and who went to many of the matches, I have to say I believe they did an excellent job hosting such a massive competition.
Sure, there were worries and doubts about the ability of both the economy and the infrastructure in the country to host such an event, however these were mainly by outside parties and once the World Cup started I never heard a single person complain about it or claim it wasn't successful. So for you to now say that the economy was too unstable to host it is rather bizarre to me considering it was such a success.

I think you need to do some more research then.

Back