All-Star Champions League April 2-3, 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is Champions League the competition where you hand in your difficulty breakdown to the judges before you compete? I thought I had heard something about that. It may be wishful thinking tho. If not, maybe that has something to do with the scores? :confused:

I think it's a little bit funny that all over Twitter the list of comps and winners for large senior is circulating, yet the only competition no version of the tweets include is The Majors, aka the ONLY competition this season that F5, Stars, SE, Orange and Panthers were all at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange won Majors if I recall and NCA the scores were crazy close . Worlds should be very interesting !

Despite the fact that it was a logistical disaster, I had a blast meeting everyone from the boards and seeing the performances! Nothing big cheer related ever comes to DC, and it was so cool to get to see teams like Brandon and all the Cali teams without having to buy a plane ticket.
Kicking myself in the butt for not walking over to meet you see @quitthedrama. However was very happy to meet @Hodiestoe

Edited for spelling

Didn't get to meet anyone :( So crazy. Senior year, finally brave enough but time snd circumstances against me. Maybe at worlds?

Last edited:
I met @quitthedrama and have a great pic as well
It was great to meet you! There was a fierceboarders meet up Friday night and it was so much fun! I know sometimes it can be hard to coordinate schedules especially if you have younger athletes, but it is definitely worth it if you can make it happen!

i could have missed this fact, but wasnt the whole point of champions league to be turned into a movie-ish type thing, are they not doing that anymore...
i just kind of guessed that they werent because of all the video thats popped up compared to last year.

I had so much fun this weekend. Friday night at the Marriott was hilarious! Over the course of the 2 hours during prom most of the available mom's made a showing at some point and time. Go Friar's is adorable! The Twister Y5 mom and her brave hubby. SheCheers. cheergoogle. mecheermom. Mamabear. FierceCheerMom and I end up in the same place a lot due to the division so it was fun to catch up with her life between Major's and CL. SarahS is adorable as well as her CP. (Saturday) I couldn't line up with Quit (some people have to braid hair....lmao) so I didn't get in until 6 I think. 5:45 maybe. Her section was full of course so I was sad not to be able to watch with her!! I go to the middle section on the right and get seated (Saving a seat for Hodiestoes) and WHO IS SITTING IN FRONT OF ME?? Cheer Dad!! hahaha Cheer Wife and Hockey Daughter as well. So, it was a fun night only because of the company I was in. Hodies is adorable too! I could hear that accent all night. (I did) She is shocked at how we're all herded like cattle and once you get in and get stampeded for a seat you're expected not to move, pee or smoke for 6 1/2 hours. All while paying top dollar to be treated that way. (So she can vouch for all us veteran Senior mom's who've been complaining all these years that none of us are exaggerating.) I had a lot of fun this weekend because I made my own fun. Love watching my girl and her team.

This event desperately needs a new EP. (Desperately needed a new EP after LA) I don't think I've ever attended an event 2 years in a row where you literally get no information. Zero. And like FCM said.......the few details that were shared were inaccurate. Edited to add the paper zeroxed tickets hahahahahahaha ridiculous!!! You know what they did get right? My Stay to Play charge to my bank acct.

@Hodiestoe

Last edited:
This event desperately needs a new EP. (Desperately needed a new EP after LA) I don't think I've ever attended an event 2 years in a row where you literally get no information. Zero. And like FCM said.......the few details that were shared were inaccurate. Edited to add the paper zeroxed tickets hahahahahahaha ridiculous!!! You know what they did get right? My Stay to Play charge to my bank acct.

@Hodiestoe

I completely agree! People figured out that they could Xerox the paper tickets and all hell broke loose. It was so overcrowded. I had a 5:15 entry time and a 5:45 team mtg, so that did not work out well. The lack of security inside was crazy. It was dangerous when the side stage was swarmed during Stars and TGLC. The view from my seat was completely blocked and I saw NONE of the Star's routine -except the baskets.

The next day was even worse. I could not believe that They did not clean the room after the League event!!! We had to walk thru piles of trash to see our kids' perform on the big stage. several of us watched a rat walk through the venue. It was disgusting .

The League event is getting worse each year. Year 1 was fantastic, and I was so excited for a company like Nfinity to become involved in a competition. They involved the athletes in the planning via regular conference calls over several months. The red carpet was fun and crowded and the kids felt like rock stars, the prom is a great way for the kids to meet and put the competition aside and have fun, and it seemed like Nfinity was making a huge effort to recognize and appreciate the athletes. The venue was good and even though there was no arena seating, you had assigned seats and there was a priority viewing area, so there was no need to get there hours before and everyone with a ticket had a seat. The concept of Champions League is fantastic - where else can you watch the top teams in the world all in one day?! Everyone gets a chance with the play-in round, so it is exclusive but also open to all. There were 2 rounds - they judged difficulty during the day and performance at night (while making sure difficulty stayed the same). There were no divisions - one overall winner and two runner-ups - one all girl and one coed. There were some kinks but I was so excited to see how this event would evolve - and I could not be more disappointed.
The red carpet this year was useless - there was no entry unless you had a coach pass. It was located 3 floors below the lobby. The athletes literally walked the red carpet in front of no one - why even have a red carpet if there is no one allowed to watch?! I'm glad they still have the prom because I feel that is a great thing for the kids. As far as the League event, being forced to arrive at 5pm when the event started at 8, with NO RE-ENTRY was inexcusable. Several people who bought tickets, picked up their tickets in the morning and HAD THEIR ORDER CONFIRMATION with them when the doors opened were told they couldn't get in because they weren't on CL's printed list. The poor girls working the table were just doing what they were told, but it was a cluster. The woman who is in charge of the EP was so rude and disrespectful - you literally could not go to the bathroom at 5:30 without her coming to take your belongings off your seat and she was yelling at parents and saying we were liars. If you are going to make people come 3 hours before, you have to be a little bit accommodating with saving seats since some parents have to get their kids ready. Our area (3 separate gyms) was not saving aisles of seats. We were not saving unused seats during the performance - they were all claimed by 6:30 - well more than an hour before the event. During the performance many of us gave up our seats to people when their team was on so that they could get a better view of their kid. There was no need for the EP to behave the way she did. I heard horror stories of people getting nearly trampled getting in the doors. They allowed people to stand directly in front of seats that people had been sitting in for hours. There was plenty of room for a priority viewing area that was not utilized. I understand the difficulty the EP was faced with due to the Nuclear Summit and things couldn't get delivered (like tickets), but go buy wristbands and number them rather than hand out xerox paper tickets. I knew people were going to copy them and sell them/give them to friends as soon as I saw them.
I actually appreciated the commentary and thought there was some very good constructive criticism that could be very useful heading in to Worlds (I only heard our team and it was after the fact - you couldn't hear it live), but the location of the commentators was in a poor spot. I thought once the League event started that it ran very well. I was not able to see the regular competition but it also seemed like it was well run (ETA I wasn't there and just saw @mamabear post so maybe not!). It's a shame that what could have been a marquis event has gone downhill each year. We need a variety of competitions and I very much want CL to succeed.

I have to say that we are still on cloud nine. this weekend turned into a series of magical happenstances that we usually only experience at Disney. I have posted many times that I feel like we have fallen thru the cheer looking glass since we switched gyms, and this weekend was the final descent!

I still don't know who whisked my CP away on Friday night, it might have been someone with Aloha , nfinity, or the production crew; but I need to thank them. They gave her an experience that she will never forget. She disappeared for about 40 minutes and then came back with so many tales.

It started as we were watching the kids head down to the red carpet with a random mom and daughter from another gym. A woman with walkie talkies, and a badge of some sort and headset walked by with about 8 little ones and tweens in tow. I am not sure what happened next because I was distracted taking pictures, but the woman said something briefly to the other mom, and then I heard "bye mama" and both kids disappear down the escalator with the lady and the other kids.

You should have seen the smiles, happy tears and excitement when she finally made her way back to me. Actually, a few of you did see her after. She was awestruck.

She got to walk the red carpet! (Mind you that she is only 9 and level 1 and in gym attire! ) She did a meet And greet with Coach Eddie and it was filmed by the tv crew. One of the cheerleading magazines did a shoot with the girls, and she got to meet the Top Gun Angels!

I am still trying to piece together, the who .. What... Or why ... Of her adventure, but she hasn't stopped talking about it since.

And that was just the beginning. Stuff like this happened all weekend. Some of the magic comes from knowing fierceboarders and getting to introduce her to Some gorgeous and sweet kids and then casually adding in "oh by the way, she won worlds last year". There was such a level of sportsmanship and kindness shown to her by everyone! The crazy introductions continued since we hung out with her coach for a bit and he knows everyone. It was a lot of fun, and everyone was so nice to her. And then she got to meet "my" friends . Even though we were only at the meet and great for a short period, so many of you took the time to talk with lil bear :) I could tell that every word of encouragement that you said to her was sinking right in!

I think the League event was what inspired her the most. It was the first time that she got to experience what life was like for our elite teams. SHe watched as others ran up to take pics with people who she considers her big cheer brother and cheer sister . I think she came away with such pride for being a part of it all.

Last edited:
i could have missed this fact, but wasnt the whole point of champions league to be turned into a movie-ish type thing, are they not doing that anymore...
i just kind of guessed that they werent because of all the video thats popped up compared to last year.
None of the people I have spoken to were ever officially notified that there would not be a movie. It just "didn't happen". About a month ago, we started to get the idea that there would not be one, but never received definite confirmation either way. Perhaps the gyms/gym owners knew, but certainly not at the beginning of the season. I am thinking that we all ASSUMED there would be a movie like the last 2 years, but I have not seen where Nfinity said there would be. Now everyone knows that is not to be expected anymore and will probably plan with that in mind.

I have to say that we are still on cloud nine. this weekend turned into a series of magical happenstances that we usually only experience at Disney. I have posted many times that I feel like we have fallen thru the cheer looking glass since we switched gyms, and this weekend was the final descent!

I still don't know who whisked my CP away on Friday night, it might have been someone with Aloha , nfinity, or the production crew; but I need to thank them. They gave her an experience that she will never forget. She disappeared for about 40 minutes and then came back with so many tales.

It started as we were watching the kids head down to the red carpet with a random mom and daughter from another gym. A woman with walkie talkies, and a badge of some sort and headset walked by with about 8 little ones and tweens in tow. I am not sure what happened next because I was distracted taking pictures, but the woman said something briefly to the other mom, and then I heard "bye mama" and both kids disappear down the escalator with the lady and the other kids.

You should have seen the smiles, happy tears and excitement when she finally made her way back to me. Actually, a few of you did see her after. She was awestruck.

She got to walk the red carpet! (Mind you that she is only 9 and level 1 and in gym attire! ) She did a meet And greet with Coach Eddie and it was filmed by the tv crew. One of the cheerleading magazines did a shoot with the girls, and she got to meet the Top Gun Angels!

I am still trying to piece together, the who .. What... Or why ... Of her adventure, but she hasn't stopped talking about it since.

And that was just the beginning. Stuff like this happened all weekend. Some of the magic comes from knowing fierceboarders and getting to introduce her to Some gorgeous and sweet kids and then casually adding in "oh by the way, she won worlds last year". There was such a level of sportsmanship and kindness shown to her by everyone! The crazy introductions continued since we hung out with her coach for a bit and he knows everyone. It was a lot of fun, and everyone was so nice to her. And then she got to meet "my" friends . Even though we were only at the meet and great for a short period, so many of you took the time to talk with lil bear :) I could tell that every word of encouragement that you said to her was sinking right in!

I think the League event was what inspired her the most. It was the first time that she got to experience what life was like for our elite teams. SHe watched as others ran up to take pics with people who she considers her big cheer brother and cheer sister . I think she came away with such pride for being a part of it all.

I am so glad you and your CP had a great weekend. These are the kinds of things that need to be communicated. These younger athletes are the future of our sport. My CP knows this and is always welcoming and encouraging to these athletes. She remembers seeing so many retired champions through the years and how kind they were to her. I saw many athletes on big name teams going out of their way to take pictures when asked and it made me feel so good. I tweeted about the TGLC boys as I saw quite a few of them taking pictures. My CP said she was signing shirts through out the evening along with teammates. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but these things were happening BEFORE these kids competed, when they are still nervous and trying to keep focused. My CP made some new friends, saw many old ones, and made some AMAZING memories over the weekend (along with her mom LOL). Even with the issues that were encountered with the actual competition, there were some really special things that happened as well.

Back