All-Star Cheer And Dance Extreme (cde), Richmond, Va 1/9-10/16

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What an amazing weekend!

Supers get grand champs and paid
Sirens winning level 2 Grand Champs
Xclusive winning Large Restricted
And getting to watch our good friends at Cheer Fusion win their first ever worlds bid!!

We had a great time at CDE. Was a very well ran event with pretty clear scoring. I was very impressed with this competition as a whole.

Apparently Cougars, only team in IAG5 and not in line for a bid yesterday, scored in High range for their pyramid...
That would be awesome if their pyramid hadn't completely fallen apart. So, is that High range score like getting an "E" for effort?

Apparently Cougars, only team in IAG5 and not in line for a bid yesterday, scored in High range for their pyramid...
That would be awesome if their pyramid hadn't completely fallen apart. So, is that High range score like getting an "E" for effort?

I counted 4 skills and two structures that they attempted....so I guess I could see where it might have gotten a 4.0 which is technically high range, and probably some really low technique scores and hefty deductions. I could also see where that 4 might have been just a little generous haha.

What an amazing weekend!

Supers get grand champs and paid
Sirens winning level 2 Grand Champs
Xclusive winning Large Restricted
And getting to watch our good friends at Cheer Fusion win their first ever worlds bid!!

We had a great time at CDE. Was a very well ran event with pretty clear scoring. I was very impressed with this competition as a whole.
Thank you so much for all the love and support!!! It was great getting to talk shop with you this weekend. Sirens are the deal!! Loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I counted 4 skills and two structures that they attempted....so I guess I could see where it might have gotten a 4.0 which is technically high range, and probably some really low technique scores and hefty deductions. I could also see where that 4 might have been just a little generous haha.

This is me showing my ignorance maybe, but judges don't actually award points based on an "attempted" skill, do they? I mean, it kinda has to hit, right?

Thank you so much for all the love and support!!! It was great getting to talk shop with you this weekend. Sirens are the deal!! Loved them.

I have kept up with your program since the awful tornado (and we still have the bow because it is my favorite color). I am so impressed with how you have fought to rebuild your gym - in so many ways!! Your program has come so far and you should be very proud of what you have done. I was so happy to see your name come up in the bid announcements. Welcome to Worlds!!

This is me showing my ignorance maybe, but judges don't actually award points based on an "attempted" skill, do they? I mean, it kinda has to hit, right?

The video I was using was made private so can't really refer back again but I do remember the double up completing both rotations then falling, and a tic toc hitting then falling. The center prep also did an inversion that appeared to stall long enough to count as a level 5 skill. I can't remember what the fourth was. So I could see where they took it as completed skills that fell. I think it's one of those areas that really are judges call on whether enough of the skill was attempted to count as a skill that fell or just a lack of skills. I'm not a judge though. Just a coach who has been doing this a long time and still learns something new every competition haha.

I have kept up with your program since the awful tornado (and we still have the bow because it is my favorite color). I am so impressed with how you have fought to rebuild your gym - in so many ways!! Your program has come so far and you should be very proud of what you have done. I was so happy to see your name come up in the bid announcements. Welcome to Worlds!!
Thank you so much. The kids have been so adaptable and never have up. We appreciate the support!!

I have to say I enjoyed the parent lounge at this comp. I'm not a huge drinker but it was nice to go have a drink and watch some football playoffs while the kids were running around. Sure did take the edge off the huge headache I get at comps because of all the loud music.

Thanks @FamousMatty! I really was wondering what on Earth they were looking at, because...yeah.

If they hit it on day 1, the judges may have kept their difficulty score the same and just killed them in technique. I had that happen with one of the teams I coached last year. While difficulty wise it was probably "generous" we were definitely destroyed in the technique section instead.

We have some great friends on Perfect Storm. Was so happy they received a bid to Worlds. Their reaction was so heartwarming and priceless. Good Luck and see you in Disney!

Back