All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As I stated in the original post, pretty much anything is fair game as a question. I may choose not to answer, but you are free to ask.
Do double ups (eg. Small junior 2 out of Plano and small junior 2 out of Austin (idk if these are teams but for example)) concern you, or do you embrace the competition?

Do double ups (eg. Small junior 2 out of Plano and small junior 2 out of Austin (idk if these are teams but for example)) concern you, or do you embrace the competition?
We don't particularly enjoy competing against ourselves, but there are times when it can't really be avoided. Each gym is told to make the teams/divisions that best suit their particular set of athletes. With a limited number of divisions, that means that there will be times when multiple gyms will need to place teams in the same division.

@BlueCat, what are your thoughts on attending a bid event where the owner of the EP has children competing for one of the program's going for bids? Is this something that
1. Should be allowed?

2. An event you would not want to attend?

**CP's World Diet started today. Wonder what he can eat for $2/day**

@BlueCat, what are your thoughts on attending a bid event where the owner of the EP has children competing for one of the program's going for bids? Is this something that
1. Should be allowed?

2. An event you would not want to attend?

I have seen FAR worse conflicts of interest than that. Competing programs owned by the same conglomerate as the EP hosting the event strike me as more of a red flag than that. That one is public knowledge. The worst conflicts of interest I'm aware of aren't fit for posting on a message board.

(NOTE: pointing out a conflict of interest is NOT the same as accusing someone of manipulating results.)

I have seen FAR worse conflicts of interest than that. Competing programs owned by the same conglomerate as the EP hosting the event strike me as more of a red flag than that. That one is public knowledge. The worst conflicts of interest I'm aware of aren't fit for posting on a message board.

(NOTE: pointing out a conflict of interest is NOT the same as accusing someone of manipulating results.)
So you wouldn't necessarily avoid a comp that has a potential conflict but rather you'd avoid and question one where a bias is shown towards a specific team or program or where scoresheets aren't readily available or specific teams scores aren't released with others?

Have you ever called BS on an EP where it was obvious scores were being manipulated or at least not forthright in the attempt to favor a team?

So you wouldn't necessarily avoid a comp that has a potential conflict but rather you'd avoid and question one where a bias is shown towards a specific team or program or where scoresheets aren't readily available or specific teams scores aren't released with others?

Have you ever called BS on an EP where it was obvious scores were being manipulated or at least not forthright in the attempt to favor a team?

The type of conflict of interest you described wouldn't be enough on its own to nix a competition from our schedule.

It is incredibly difficult to fairly judge your own teams. What appears to be "obvious" score manipulation is usually just your own biases distorting your view. I'm not saying I have never believed results were wrong, but it has been very rare that I thought there was sneakiness going on. That being said, the less "open and transparent" the scoring is, the less I trust results.

Can non-CA athletes attend open gym/do many non-CA athletes go to the open gyms?

I feel like I have to visit the gym at least once since I'm working just a few miles away for the next few months, but it feels weird since I don't know anyone.

*ETA: Don't know if it matters, but I'm mainly talking about the Plano location.

Last edited:
Can non-CA athletes attend open gym/do many non-CA athletes go to the open gyms?

I feel like I have to visit the gym at least once since I'm working just a few miles away for the next few months, but it feels weird since I don't know anyone.

I took my daughter to an open gym a couple of months ago. We were in town so I signed her up online. We went to the Frisco location, and she had a great time. I think it was only $10 too!

Anybody is welcome to open gym. It seems like there is a pretty even mix of CA and non-CA athletes when we have gone.

*ETA: Don't know if it matters, but I'm mainly talking about the Plano location.

Anyone is welcome at our open gyms. I believe it is about a 50/50 mix of CA all star kids and others.

I can only speak for CA Charlotte but there are lots of non CA kids at our open gyms. It's great to see all the kids from different gyms having fun together. It's $10 for non CA kids.

I can only speak for CA Charlotte but there are lots of non CA kids at our open gyms. It's great to see all the kids from different gyms having fun together. It's $10 for non CA kids.
And the best part is cheer is a small world in charlotte so athletes get to see and have fun with old and new teammates and friends that go to other gyms and it's no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been asked before but how did CA Charlotte open? Why Charlotte? I've always wondered that...

Last edited:
Back