All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We usually keep a uniform 3-4 years, but there is variance depending on several factors - one of the main one being how much we like the uniform. (A uniform that looks great and is popular is less likely to be replaced.)

Multi-uniform teams are tough to administer, more expensive for the athletes, and tend to actually lose money for the gym. They are (I believe) only for some of the Worlds teams.
Thank you! Do you know which teams will be getting a new uniform this season and are able to share?

Have you noticed an influx of athletes from out of state? We are in IL while most of my family is in Texas. It seems everyone is moving to Texas now a days. We dream about it. Would love to hear your thoughts if any on how out of state athletes transition into your program. Do they find it to be an easy transition? Thanks!

Last edited:
[IMG ] [/IMG]

@BlueCat I saw these folks at Warrior Dash in PA this weekend. Not sure if you're claiming them or not but they definitely got my attention! Pretty sure they ran the course a few times.

I don't recognize them, but those are definitely our uniforms. They could very well be part of the CA family. Interesting.

Have you noticed an influx of athletes from out of state? We are in IL while most of my family is in Texas. It seems everyone is moving to Texas now a days. We dream about it. Would love to hear your thoughts if any on how out of state athletes transition into your program. Do they find it to be an easy transition? Thanks!

We have had several people move in and be successful. I don't any of them had a tougher time than normal transitioning in. Because of growth and turnover, there are brand-new-to-CA athletes on teams all of the time.

Thank you! Do you know which teams will be getting a new uniform this season and are able to share?
I don't remember which teams specifically are getting new uniforms. (We have somewhere in the vicinity of 100 teams across all locations.) It mostly depends on how long the teams have had the same uniforms.

This makes sense. I bet that even at the gyms at which it seems like most/all of the parents love having their team in expensive gear, that isn't actually the case because the dissenters are silent.

I feel like this is the case on our team. Only half the team has submitted money. I don't want to get into a disagreement with other parents so I just keep quiet. I've heard parents quietly say they don't want to spend additional money and I've heard other parents loudly complain how "you can't buy anything w/ the new cap."

Bluecat...I truly appreciate the effort in creating new guidelines but It doesn't seem like rules are actually being applied. We were told that our coaches requested customized practice wear for Blue Debut and some of our team parents have been confrontational about contributing to the team gift fund. I don't want to create conflict, but don't like feeling bullied into buying things that aren't necessary and against my beliefs as a parent.

I'm not comfortable posting this in a public forum but I'm also not comfortable speaking out about anything as it usually gets take out on my child.

Last edited:
I feel like this is the case on our team. Only half the team has submitted money. I don't want to get into a disagreement with other parents so I just keep quiet. I've heard parents quietly say they don't want to spend additional money and I've heard other parents loudly complain how "you can't buy anything w/ the new cap."

Bluecat...I truly appreciate the effort in creating new guidelines but It doesn't seem like rules are actually being applied. We were told that our coaches requested customized practice wear for Blue Debut and some of our team parents have been confrontational about contributing to the team gift fund. I don't want to create conflict, but don't like feeling bullied into buying things that aren't necessary and against my beliefs as a parent.

I'm not comfortable posting this in a public forum but I'm also not comfortable speaking out about anything as it usually gets take out on my child.

We can create guidelines and try to educate as many staff/parents/reps as possible about them, but we can't be in every conversation. I'm not sure how to help you if I don't know which team/coaches/gym/etc.

This could be a case where you have practice gear and/or uniforms that are meant to be used for say 3 years and you are in year 2 and the thought process is "Since you don't have to purchase new unis, etc why not get special gear for a show-off etc." IDK

I understand some of the frustration with unnecessary items as well and applaud the gym for truly trying to keep costs down this year for the parents. However, we already have 4 practice wear outfits and usually practice 3x a week so why do we need another? We will not even have it for the whole season either as it takes awhile to produce. You are "forced" into purchasing even though the gym calls it a "gift fund" and you are not obligated but nobody wants to have their child left out or be labeled as "that parent that never pays".

You are "forced" into purchasing even though the gym calls it a "gift fund" and you are not obligated but nobody wants to have their child left out or be labeled as "that parent that never pays".

Out of curiosity, what happens if enough people don't feel "forced" into purchasing something that's not mandatory? I'm not a CA parent, but there are plenty of teams at our gym where parents don't contribute towards a gift and the team just doesn't get anything. I understand parents want gym owners to draw the financial line for them, but if it's not mandatory, they are allowing you to draw the line for yourself. In my experience, it's the kids and parents doing the pressuring for these added gifts, not the gym.

Out of curiosity, what happens if enough people don't feel "forced" into purchasing something that's not mandatory? I'm not a CA parent, but there are plenty of teams at our gym where parents don't contribute towards a gift and the team just doesn't get anything. I understand parents want gym owners to draw the financial line for them, but if it's not mandatory, they are allowing you to draw the line for yourself. In my experience, it's the kids and parents doing the pressuring for these added gifts, not the gym.
In order for the athletes to wear as a team, then all are required to purchase whether it is yourself paying or you have to help pay for the people that did not pay.

I don't think anyone ever said the gym was pressuring anyone. The problem is (this is universal and not specific to any gym) that once a group of parents come up with an idea, they are going to do everything in their power to make it happen and the only one who can successfully put a stop to it is the gym owner/coach. Otherwise, the parent who says "no thanks" is blackballed and it ultimately trickles down to the kid as well. Gym cultures differ, but there are definitely some gyms and/or teams that have a history of over the top spending and many parents are likely to continue the "bigger is better" and "you can't top us" trend their gym or team has.

I understand some of the frustration with unnecessary items as well and applaud the gym for truly trying to keep costs down this year for the parents. However, we already have 4 practice wear outfits and usually practice 3x a week so why do we need another? We will not even have it for the whole season either as it takes awhile to produce. You are "forced" into purchasing even though the gym calls it a "gift fund" and you are not obligated but nobody wants to have their child left out or be labeled as "that parent that never pays".

To answer your question - teams do not need another one. They could get through the season on just the "required" items. We are trying to balance the parents who really, really want to get the latest and greatest bow/shirt/short/etc for their kid and the parents who really, really, don't feel the need to spend more than necessary. Putting a max on it is a step in the right direction, but we don't have a perfect answer.

I don't think anyone ever said the gym was pressuring anyone. The problem is (this is universal and not specific to any gym) that once a group of parents come up with an idea, they are going to do everything in their power to make it happen and the only one who can successfully put a stop to it is the gym owner/coach. Otherwise, the parent who says "no thanks" is blackballed and it ultimately trickles down to the kid as well. Gym cultures differ, but there are definitely some gyms and/or teams that have a history of over the top spending and many parents are likely to continue the "bigger is better" and "you can't top us" trend their gym or team has.

This is so accurate. Social media amplifies this because people see all the "extras" larger gyms get and it trickles down. There are those parents who always want everything under the sun and those who don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back