All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would just like to say that I was so impressed with cheetahs sportsmanship! Nowadays if teams don't win, you'll see them sobbing, bitter and often defensive. It was so nice to see them so happy after placing second, especially being reigning world champions. Cheetahs seemed so happy and blessed to be at worlds, and place so well. Thank you to cheetahs for reminding everyone that second place is an HONOR, not a bad thing

Thank you. Cheetahs were certainly hoping to bring home gold, and thought they had a chance, but we all knew that Top Gun and others had done an incredible job. It was a little disappointing initially, but if you guys could have seen where the team started, with 5-6 boys, no stunters, and nearly an entire team of young Cheetah-rookies, you would understand how proud we were of where we finished the season. Sometimes you give it your best shot and it still isn't enough - particularly in some of the crazy great divisions like Large Senior and Large Coed. That is just extra motivation to come back stronger than before the following season.

For what it is worth, it looks like the team will be starting from a much different place than the 2012-13 team did.

Thank you. Cheetahs were certainly hoping to bring home gold, and thought they had a chance, but we all knew that Top Gun and others had done an incredible job. It was a little disappointing initially, but if you guys could have seen where the team started, with 5-6 boys, no stunters, and nearly an entire team of young Cheetah-rookies, you would understand how proud we were of where we finished the season. Sometimes you give it your best shot and it still isn't enough - particularly in some of the crazy great divisions like Large Senior and Large Coed. That is just extra motivation to come back stronger than before the following season.

For what it is worth, it looks like the team will be starting from a much different place than the 2012-13 team did.
And that's totally understandable! I understand the disappointment, it was just a pleasant surprise to see them happy, as opposed to sobbing and tearing down the other teams. I respect CA greatly in that. And by the last part you mean that they are starting with greater skill than last years team?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Sorry I didn't mean for it to come off rude at all! I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to read through 50 pages haha :) yes it was extremely unhealthy and shocking, which is why CA was so upset about it I think! Really glad that diet wasn't real though

Definitely! I'm glad it wasn't either. It's nice to know their program encourages healthy living! Its definitely a respectable fact!

And that's totally understandable! I understand the disappointment, it was just a pleasant surprise to see them happy, as opposed to sobbing and tearing down the other teams. I respect CA greatly in that. And by the last part you mean that they are starting with greater skill than last years team?

I would be surprised if Cheetahs don't start significantly stronger than they did the year before, particularly guy-wise. However, what matters is how you finish, not how you start.

How did you guys go about recruiting the boys and at what point did you guys had your final roster?
And I was also really impressed with cheer athletics as always. Everyone at this program seems to carry themselves like professionals.

@bluecat in the interview after panthers finals performance the girl said "This s brads last year coaching us so we just wanted to make him proud" could you elaborate on this... i know its kind of personal but just curious!

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Even if you don't like the new uniforms, they are definitely not tacky! I personally don't like the new panther's uniform - but never in the world would I say that they are tacky. They are simply not what I like to see in a uniform, but as I wrote yesterday I will probably get used to them. See - I said what I think about those unis without being disrespectful or rude.
Isn't this to point of a forums to have an open ended conversation? That includes positive and negative opinions.

@bluecat in the interview after panthers finals performance the girl said "This s brads last year coaching us so we just wanted to make him proud" could you elaborate on this... i know its kind of personal but just curious!

It was Brandon Arbogast's last year coaching them - he is the new program director in Austin. I would assume that Brad will continue coaching Panthers. (That isn't officially decided until after tryouts.)

@BlueCat (out of curiosity, unfortunately I doubt this will ever affect me) how do you handle placements for your open teams? I seem to remember reading somewhere in your tryout pack that you can almost always find a place for everyone, but presumably this doesn't apply for open teams? Are the majority of athletes previous level 5/college athletes or do you ever get people who learn from scratch maybe through open gyms/privates for a few seasons eventually being placed on an open team? Thanks

Back