All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@bluecat I thought I'd bring this question to you from the parent forum. The rumor that came to parent from a kid (essentially) was that there were so many kids at the Plano try outs that 60 won't be placed on a team for lack of staff.

Generally speaking, none of us really believe that but can you give the final answer?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

@bluecat I thought I'd bring this question to you from the parent forum. The rumor that came to parent from a kid (essentially) was that there were so many kids at the Plano try outs that 60 won't be placed on a team for lack of staff.

Generally speaking, none of us really believe that but can you give the final answer?
Not true. We can handle the amount of athletes that attend tryouts without an issue. What will likely happen, though, is that athletes who want to join teams after tryouts (more specifically - after teams are set) will have difficulty being placed on teams. (Much like 2 years ago.) Most teams will likely be full from the first practice.

If someone has NOT attended tryouts and they want to be considered for a team, they need to contact us immediately if they expect to have a spot for 2013-14. We could potentially still do private tryouts or video tryouts in the next couple of days.

@BlueCat (out of curiosity, unfortunately I doubt this will ever affect me) how do you handle placements for your open teams? I seem to remember reading somewhere in your tryout pack that you can almost always find a place for everyone, but presumably this doesn't apply for open teams? Are the majority of athletes previous level 5/college athletes or do you ever get people who learn from scratch maybe through open gyms/privates for a few seasons eventually being placed on an open team? Thanks

We are likely going to have an open coed 4 in Plano this season, so that is a good option for people who want to compete, but may not yet (or still) have the skill set for one of the Worlds teams. Most of the "cuts" we have had in the past were people essentially trying out for Wildcats who were too old to be on any other team. The new team will be a good option for those people who may would have been cut in the past.

Wow @BlueCat! It sounds like you guys have really thought through this expansion and that both gyms will be incredibly successful! Congrats to your gym!

When it comes to returners trying out for a new season, do you guys take into consideration their previous team placement within the same level?

When it comes to returners trying out for a new season, do you guys take into consideration their previous team placement within the same level?

We take everything into account when selecting teams. However, no athlete is guaranteed a spot with any particular team, regardless of the team they were on previously.

What do you look for in people trying out for your international teams?

We try to make the strongest team possible. That often means that you need a mix of talents. There is no single formula for what gets you on one of our international teams.

Will Austin follow the team naming tradition? What will you do when you completely run out of big cats?

Austin will keep the "cat" theme, but add a twist. They will be "DiamondCats", "SapphireCats", "EmeraldCats", etc. with a precious-stone (or similar) theme. (not sure how they will spell them) This ties them in to the overall CA family, but lets them have their own unique identity as well.

I looked on your website and I see all of the tumbling classes that you offer but I didn't see any partner stunting classes. Do you all not offer those?

I looked on your website and I see all of the tumbling classes that you offer but I didn't see any partner stunting classes. Do you all not offer those?
We have coaches that teach stunt privates & we have stunt mini-camps in the summer. We do not teach a regular stunt class.

will CA austin be entered into competitions as Cheer Athletics Austin or just Cheer Athletics

will CA austin be entered into competitions as Cheer Athletics Austin or just Cheer Athletics
To be honest, that hasn't even been discussed. My guess is that they will all just be registered the same.

Back