All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Next question! Every year I cheered at CA when any CA team took the floor no matter what level or what team! I cheered my heart out for them before the took the mat and during the 2:30 seconds of their routine! My concern/question is why is there a lack of a fan base for the gym? The last couple of years at worlds I've watched the entire arena stand up and chat World Cup until the walls shook, or TG, or CEA and of course I was up cheering for them as well. As soon as a CA team is on deck or about to go its as if I'm alone in the stands except for other CA teams out there to support! Its not just CA though, I always Cheer my heart out for SOT for the most part alone, or Twist and Shout alone. What is it that people have against oklahoma/texas? Or do you think it's the fact that none of us really attend Cheersport, battle, jamfest, or any of those other comps? Just a couple thoughts/questions :)
Having just discovered competitive cheer and being a dad, I want to say that I will cheer for both. I am deeply impressed with T&S and CA. I think that all teams that work hard should get applause. Curious question: Why Austin over Houston or San Antonio? If this is ignorant, I apologize.

Having just discovered competitive cheer and being a dad, I want to say that I will cheer for both. I am deeply impressed with T&S and CA. I think that all teams that work hard should get applause. Curious question: Why Austin over Houston or San Antonio? If this is ignorant, I apologize.

San Antonio and Houston are technically bigger markets, but we felt like Austin was just a better "fit" for us demographically. We also have several elite athletes there that have been commuting from there to Dallas, so we have some great contacts in that area.

will ca be going to the summit next year?
We don't know yet. If it were anywhere else but Disney World, it would be much more attractive. The price/value ratio for events there is generally much less favorable there than any other venue we compete in all season. We have to be careful of where we spend our athletes', families', and our money to make sure that what we get in return is actually worth it.

Example: NCA Nationals is incredibly expensive, but we view the value of the experience is worth the cost. We will have to do more research to see if the Summit can do the same. Wide World of Sports is a tough sell for us as we view that as being among the worst venues we have ever competed in, but we will try to look at it objectively.

We don't know yet. If it were anywhere else but Disney World, it would be much more attractive. The price/value ratio for events there is generally much less favorable there than any other venue we compete in all season. We have to be careful of where we spend our athletes', families', and our money to make sure that what we get in return is actually worth it.

Example: NCA Nationals is incredibly expensive, but we view the value of the experience is worth the cost. We will have to do more research to see if the Summit can do the same. Wide World of Sports is a tough sell for us as we view that as being among the worst venues we have ever competed in, but we will try to look at it objectively.
ha, then im guessing worlds is the most dreaded yet exciting comp. you guys go to all year.

ha, then im guessing worlds is the most dreaded yet exciting comp. you guys go to all year.

"Dreading" is probably too strong a word. The overall experience of Worlds is still positive, or we wouldn't keep going. There are aspects that I would like to see changed, but there are definitely a lot of positives as well.

Example: NCA Nationals is incredibly expensive, but we view the value of the experience is worth the cost.

I'm surprised to hear that, I just assumed NCA would be one of your less expensive comps because it was closer to home.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I hear your point loud and clear. If we weren't 45 min away we probably would not have attended. I will say that the level of competition in all levels and divisions highly impressed me. Best of luck on a new season!

This is where I hope these folks read or hear your comments. Because if teams awarded full paids don't attend, in my mind, it's hard to call it "the" definitive championship. To be the best you have to beat the best. I think a lot if gyms have venue concerns like yours (at least cost concerns for their families).

My daughter is attending week 1 of your SuperCAmp this summer. What can she expect and will there be CA athletes attending/helping/working the camp?

I apologize if this has been asked, but do you take into account what team preferences the athlete might have (mainly for level 5)? Like do you ask them on a tryout form which team they would like to be placed on?

I apologize if this has been asked, but do you take into account what team preferences the athlete might have (mainly for level 5)? Like do you ask them on a tryout form which team they would like to be placed on?

All levels get to put their top 3 teams they want. Some of the parents should have gotten bonus points for some of the answers. Cp told me one little athlete had mini 1 youth 1 and then youth 5 as her choices. I was going to put "Youth Silver" as one of ours but figured it would get us cut from the gym...lol

My daughter is attending week 1 of your SuperCAmp this summer. What can she expect and will there be CA athletes attending/helping/working the camp?

I know a bunch of athletes that are going as participants. We are skipping it because she will already have practice and tumbling class. Our youngest has a pretty crazy summer schedule for diving, including "2 a days" so we decided to pass on it.

I was just wondering why you guys prefer to call each athlete to let them know what team they're on rather than just post results online for everybody? Especially with the number of people trying out growing more and more each season. Is it for a more sentimental and personal feeling?

Back