All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What team is Peyton Mabry on? Is she on Jungle Cats and did she quit cheer?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I...I...ok I will be quite before I say something ugly. But I will try to be nice.
Does it really matter if she is on Cheetah od Junglecats? does it really matter if matt smith is basing her or not? she will shine with her flexibility no matter what team she is on.

So many kids have their Twitter and Instagrams open to the public, especially if they are well-known, that it doesn't take much research to find what team they are on.

So many kids have their Twitter and Instagrams open to the public, especially if they are well-known, that it doesn't take much research to find what team they are on.

Well no, including my CP. But I appreciate the fact that is it MY decision or HER decision what info goes out.

I never thought they would do that, I was just letting him know it's appreciated!

Well no, including my CP. But I appreciate the fact that is it MY decision or HER decision what info goes out.

I never thought they would do that, I was just letting him know it's appreciated!
Oh I understand, I wasn't trying to argue with their decision, just stating a fact. We have several CA cheerleaders from our high school and middle school so I was not trying to harm your kid or anyone else's by my post.

I am SHOCKED at the low amount of younger teams you have, especially in comparison to the size of your program.
Do you find that most athletes grow up through your program? Or come to your gym later on in their career (junior/senior/open)?

Oh I understand, I wasn't trying to argue with their decision, just stating a fact. We have several CA cheerleaders from our high school and middle school so I was not trying to harm your kid or anyone else's by my post.

Ohhh darlin!! That was the furthest from my mind!!

Everybody knows I am open about my social media accounts and my CP has them all......although "big brother" pays close attention to them!! lol

Also, when I read the original message, the young lady's privacy didn't even cross my mind. So I felt bad for not taking that into consideration.

Just wondering about your tryout/placement process. My kids' gym is small in comparison, and they take an entire month to evaluate teams and make final placements. Just wondering how you manage to place 700+ athletes within a week. I'm not suggesting one way is better than the other, just curious.

I am SHOCKED at the low amount of younger teams you have, especially in comparison to the size of your program.
Do you find that most athletes grow up through your program? Or come to your gym later on in their career (junior/senior/open)?

Between the two gyms:

Tiny:
Show Kittens - Tiny 1 (show team)
Itty Bitty Kitties - Tiny 1

Mini:
Bobcats - Mini 1

Youth:
KittyKatz - Sm Yth 1
Cougars - Sm Yth 2
JadeCats - Sm Yth 2
SapphireCats - Sm Yth 3
Lions - Lg Yth 3

Junior:
BearKatz - Sm Jr 1
EmeraldCats - Sm Jr 1
Coral - Sm Jr 2
Katz - Lg Jr 2
Icecats - Sm Jr 3
Lynx - Lg Jr 3
Bengals - Sm Jr 4
RubyCats - Sm Jr 4
Thundercats - Lg Jr 4
Jags - Sm Jr 5

Senior:
Sabres - Lg Sr 2
Firecats - Sm Sr 3
PearlCats - Sm Sr 3
Ligers - Lg Sr 3/4
Ocelots - Sr Co 3
PlatinumCats - Sm Sr 4
Tigers - Sm Sr 4
Mountain Lions - Sm Co 4
Prowlers - Lg Sr Co 4
JadeCats - Sm Sr R5
Felines - Sm Sr R5/5
Pumas - Sm Sr Co R5
OnyxCats - Sm Co 5
Swooshcats - Med Sr 5
Junglecats - Md Co 5
Panthers - Lg Sr 5
Cheetahs - Lg Co 5

International:
Wildcats - IOC5
Ladykatz - IO6

Special Needs:
SuperKatz - SN

We currently have 18 teams and about 350 athletes on junior-aged teams or younger. That could be divided into 4 different "large gyms". I'm not sure that qualifies as "shockingly low".

However, to your point, yes, we have a disproportionate amount of younger teams compared to the number of senior teams. That has pretty much always been the case for us compared to other programs. We have made efforts to attract more young athletes and have actually dramatically improved and grown that part of our program over the last 5-6 years. Our senior program's growth has been pretty tough to keep up with, though.

Between the two gyms:

Tiny:
Show Kittens - Tiny 1 (show team)
Itty Bitty Kitties - Tiny 1

Mini:
Bobcats - Mini 1

Youth:
KittyKatz - Sm Yth 1
Cougars - Sm Yth 2
JadeCats - Sm Yth 2
SapphireCats - Sm Yth 3
Lions - Lg Yth 3

Junior:
BearKatz - Sm Jr 1
EmeraldCats - Sm Jr 1
Coral - Sm Jr 2
Katz - Lg Jr 2
Icecats - Sm Jr 3
Lynx - Lg Jr 3
Bengals - Sm Jr 4
RubyCats - Sm Jr 4
Thundercats - Lg Jr 4
Jags - Sm Jr 5

Senior:
Sabres - Lg Sr 2
Firecats - Sm Sr 3
PearlCats - Sm Sr 3
Ligers - Lg Sr 3/4
Ocelots - Sr Co 3
PlatinumCats - Sm Sr 4
Tigers - Sm Sr 4
Mountain Lions - Sm Co 4
Prowlers - Lg Sr Co 4
JadeCats - Sm Sr R5
Felines - Sm Sr R5/5
Pumas - Sm Sr Co R5
OnyxCats - Sm Co 5
Swooshcats - Med Sr 5
Junglecats - Md Co 5
Panthers - Lg Sr 5
Cheetahs - Lg Co 5

International:
Wildcats - IOC5
Ladykatz - IO6

Special Needs:
SuperKatz - SN

We currently have 18 teams and about 350 athletes on junior-aged teams or younger. That could be divided into 4 different "large gyms". I'm not sure that qualifies as "shockingly low".

However, to your point, yes, we have a disproportionate amount of younger teams compared to the number of senior teams. That has pretty much always been the case for us compared to other programs. We have made efforts to attract more young athletes and have actually dramatically improved and grown that part of our program over the last 5-6 years. Our senior program's growth has been pretty tough to keep up with, though.
I guess the most shocking thing to me is how Plano only has 1 mini team and 3 youth teams. To me, I'd think that this would be the bulk of your program (other than Worlds teams). Learn something new everyday.

Kudos to you for being able to support your program with high end older teams with comparably few advancing throughout your program from mini

I guess the most shocking thing to me is how Plano only has 1 mini team and 3 youth teams. To me, I'd think that this would be the bulk of your program (other than Worlds teams). Learn something new everyday.

Kudos to you for being able to support your program with high end older teams with comparably few advancing throughout your program from mini

oprah-named-forbes-most-influential-celebrity-2013(1).gif

Back