All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would give my left pinky for any of them to be on the floor in our uniform again. We will have an IOC 5 tryout in the fall. Many of my seniors are cheering at universities that would prevent that from happening in the near future. Personally, I've had the joy of seeing most of them every Sunday of their childhood for the last decade. It's been an honor watching them grow up from a front row seat. Since I coach level 5 from youth all the way up.....I still see them as they looked as a youth elite kid many seasons ago.
Do you have any nearby colleges?
How far is North Carolina State from Kernersville?

It's always to going to be a challenge, just like being a fast-food burger joint is always tough when McDonalds and Burger King are on every street corner. My hope is that small gyms that survive do so by finding a niche, whether it's focusing on lower levels, being more economical, or some other "hook" that maybe the mega-gym hasn't figured out how to do or doesn't want to do.

I recognize that gym consolidation is not the best thing in the world for cheer from a competitive standpoint. It's actually pretty bad. But what I don't want to do is impose some arbitrary limits on how big a cheer gym can get, or refuse to allow a cheer gym to assimilate another one.

just a thought...what if those bigger/smaller gyms worked together...not the big gym buying out the small gym, but that small gym training lower levels and training them to "feed into" the bigger gym level 5s?

As a coach in a part of the world where cheer is just developing I was wondering what the best piece of advise you have for those trying to promote cheer throughout the rest of the world is?

What do you think inspires your athletes to work so hard for what they want and never give up? And how do you think they have affected your life by working with your teams for so long?

How far is duram from the kernersville gym? and from the raleigh gym?

Durham is 24 miles to Raleigh... Durham is 70 miles from Kernersville. For exact distance I'd recommend looking up exact starting and ending addresses and using mapquest.com.

Do you have any nearby colleges?
How far is North Carolina State from Kernersville?

Universities within 30 min. of Kernersville gym (roughly)
University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG)
Greensboro College
Guilford College
Wake Forest University
Bennett College
Elon University
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (A&T)
High Point University

Community Colleges
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC)
Forsyth Technical Community College

If you're willing to go 60 plus miles, the possibilities are endless...Duke, UNC, NC State, etc.

did you ever see that picture of celine deon when she wore a teal dress? to fierce.
anywho how did you come up with the idea of Cheer Extreme?

I noticed earlier that you said there would be tryouts for your IOC5 team later in the summer, but my question is what happened to the team this past season? I remember hearing about tryouts on the board but don't remember hearing much of anything after that. Do you also plan on bringing back the IO5 team anytime soon?

Back