All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

you've made people go :jawdrop:, you're done with believing, you already know you can do it, you've completed your evolution...now its time for the big revolution! I can't wait till your showcase!! :cheering:

Firstly can I say I LOVE your programme, and if I ever move to America, I will ensure I move near to the CEA gym! You guys are such an inspiration to me, and your cheerleaders come across as so sweet and warm, as well as incredibly talented. Every routine you put out gives me goosebumps, and every injury or setback you overcome makes me think how extra incredible you all are.

My question is...there were rumours flying round England that you guys are coming to JamFest Europe this year...is this true? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let it be true!

Just wanted to say that I loove your program!! Oh and it would be beyond awesome, if 2by2 could make a video showcasing some of your fierce SE bases! <3

Our kids crossover for their own benefit as they seek to discover the limit of their own personal potential. We will be taking at least 5 level teams to NCA this season. We took 6 in 2010. CHEERSPORT has always been a big Nationals for everyone ( it is by far the biggest you know ). There is a great deal of pride and prestige at both events...especially with the teams attending this season.

Will the level 5's still be at Cheersport? (I know the competitions are back to back again this year)

All 42 teams practice once a week with optional tumbling for an hour. Closer to big events we rev up the practices for our major trips, including Worlds. In April I go from being responsible for 19 teams down to 3. We have one whole floor at the Kville gym...we run 14 teams on it each week during the regular season. Since those teams are done at the end of March, we have the option to practice our Worlds teams with much greater frequency. Senior Elite did practice 22 of 27 days mostly because I wanted to make our season last as long as possible with so many girls graduating.

I'm sorry if you have already answered this, but since they only practice once a week, how long are their practices?
<3 SENIOR ELITE!

First, I saw you were looking into traveling to palm spring. All 16 girls on my senior 4 team would probably die! They are huge fans! This year at nationals one of this girls on our level 4 team pulled out her iPod from her bag so they could crowd around and watch sr elite before they went on. Normally, I would have been like what are you doing?!? You go on I'm 5 minutes and your on your iPod. But it was what inspired them so I let it go. Just thought you like to know! : )

What is a typical day of Sr. Elite practice like from start to finish?

We traditionally practice 1-4 on Sunday's. They come in and spend 15 minutes talking about their weekend/stretching out in a circle. In competition season, we do one hard mark followed by all stunts and pyramids, followed by a full tumbling warmup routine...we throw the running section full out...then the opening full out and then the full out routine. Whatever they miss they have to do every time for the next two hours as it comes up in pieces we are working on. Then we watch the routine on film and go through each section cleaning, having contests, etc. At the end we do one last full out.

Firstly can I say I LOVE your programme, and if I ever move to America, I will ensure I move near to the CEA gym! You guys are such an inspiration to me, and your cheerleaders come across as so sweet and warm, as well as incredibly talented. Every routine you put out gives me goosebumps, and every injury or setback you overcome makes me think how extra incredible you all are.

My question is...there were rumours flying round England that you guys are coming to JamFest Europe this year...is this true? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let it be true!
Thank you so much for your kind words. We tried so hard to get the England trip off the ground. Jamfest was so generous in helping our travel arrangements. Ultimately with the plane ticket at $1200 each it wasn't meant to be. Several of our girls including Maddie are in major summer programs like Governor's School and since we weren't able to make the trip as a whole team we didn't want to let people down. With a whole year to plan ahead, we are putting it on our calendar for 2012.

I posted this in the Cheer Athletics thread as well - but here's a question:

Are you concerned about the "gym consolidation" trend, where large programs seem to be assimilating smaller gyms at a fairly rapid rate? Is there a certain point where a program can have too many satellite locations?
I think this is a trend that will not slow down any time soon. The bottom line is the cost of running a program and paying great coaches is best distributed over more athletes. With the demands at each level going up and hitting a new standard of excellence each season coaches with experience are in short supply. It is a concerning trend, however most of my friends who have incorporated this model are doing a great job offering their services to new customers within a radius of their "mother ship". Starting a satellite gym is comparable to what someone told me while I was pregnant with Kenley. Having one child feels like one child having the second doesn't double the responsibility it feels like it triples. The same can be said with adding facilities. That said I think during the recession this model kept a great deal of athletes cheering as gyms struggled to keep their doors open. With the help of Jambrands and Varsity in their business partnership with gyms of all sizes I think we will see a surge smaller gyms growth.

who's choreographing the dance of coed elite? im looking forward for their dance every year because its so hot my all time favorite is the dance last 2009-2010 season

i see mstealtoyou is shimmying almost everything i just want a shimmy!

also, if this hasnt already been asked. how many athletes do you have at CEA this year?

We've been together a long time and I believe in what she's saying. Hence the shimmies. LOL Not just because I think she's pretty cool or anything. Which she is! LOL

Anything is possible as we prepare our 2011-2012 schedule. We've often considered Palm Springs and Vegas.. Costs and length of the flight make that a pipedream most seasons. We are looking at a few new destinations this year.

The West Coast would be very happy/thrilled/crazy to see you at either one!!!!!

Based on this thread, you have 850+ kids, 42 teams (19 that you are responsible for), 7 locations, and 21 coaches.
I'm just curious how you are able to cover all of those teams and make sure that your CEA product is up to standard in all of your gyms.

Do you coach your own children? If so (or will) how do you handle coaching them and being fair? and not either too lenient or to hard on them.

Back