College Cheer Ldt College Open Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2012
Hey everyone! So our college team is almost positively going to this particular competition in Myrtle Beach the end of March. ( I believe it is the 15th?) I wanted to know a bit more about it, and what people who have been there before have thought. Is this competition separate from the all star portion? Is it spring floor or dead mat for college divisions? About how many college teams end up going? Generally, is it a good competition and is it run nice?

We are from Eau Claire, WI. Pretty much by Twin Cities, Minnesota. So this will be a very time consuming and costly competition for us broke college students. Most of us will have to talk to our profs to set up different midterm times because it will be a 4-day adventure when all said and done. (We are taking a bus) Basically my main question is "Is it worth it?". The time, the money, the travel… is this competition that good?

I posted this on both the all star and the college boards to see if both groups could provide information that would be helpful! Thanks y'all!

Sure! From what I recall, the Cheer LTD College Nationals is very similar to the NCA College Nationals and the CheerSport Nationals. Each routine is all-music, very similar to all-star routines. Hope this helps!

I think it depends on what you are looking for exactly. I've gone with my team the last two years treating it as a "fun time" competition and that's exactly what we got out of it! We used it as a way to just go have fun with cheer and not have a crazy amount of pressure on us. Turns out we ended up winning which just added to the fun. Plenty of places to go to after you compete in myrtle beach as well! It's not the same caliber teams that go and win nca and uca but will still give you competition and that experience. If you are going into it with a super crazy competitive mindset you might be slightly disappointed but if you are just going in like hey we came to do our best, have fun and enjoy our team, you should like it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back