All-Star Cheer Memes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not super in tune with cheer gossip, but I believe this is referring to The Majors. From what I've heard, Jamfest has changed the winning trip many times, first offering to cover the trip to Europe, then changing it to only paying a small portion of the expenses for the trip, etc etc. Like I said, please correct me if I'm wrong, because I am not one to be first to hear gossip. This is what I heard sitting at The Majors.
If this is true I'm actually going to cry...for hours.

Just adding to what I said earlier, that is really messed up that Jamfest would advertise something like that and back out. I mean, The Majors was a really popular thing and they must have made a bunch of money from it. They should ATLEAST pay for some of the flights/hotels.

Then what are they going to pay for?
Also, and this may have been asked before so sorry, but are the winning teams required to go or is it like, if they want to?
If this is true it's really bad, as British teams have been told if we choose to compete at jamfest Europe, there will be a meet and greet and chance to watch these athletes perform. If they are using the teams as a selling point for their competition, and therefore to make money, the athletes shouldn't be paying for the majority of things themselves, or shouldn't be used to advertise jamfest Europe as it should be optional for them to attend should they want to pay :/ still majorly excited for jamfest Europe though!

There are athletes on twitter that said they are no longer going to Jamfest Europe, other tweets talked about teams only getting $15,000 total for the trip. I am not sure if both teams aren't going, but from what the one athlete said it seems that at least 1 of the teams will not be going to Europe.
*this is probably best to be discussed it its own thread so that it doesn't do a thread takeover

There are athletes on twitter that said they are no longer going to Jamfest Europe, other tweets talked about teams only getting $15,000 total for the trip. I am not sure if both teams aren't going, but from what the one athlete said it seems that at least 1 of the teams will not be going to Europe.
*this is probably best to be discussed it its own thread so that it doesn't do a thread takeover
erm...WHAAAAAT?????

$15,000 per team probably wouldn't cover half of the expenses. I'd guess that flights/hotels should come out to at least about $1,000 per athlete. Shame on Jamfest for not thinking that through...

$15,000 per team probably wouldn't cover half of the expenses. I'd guess that flights/hotels should come out to at least about $1,000 per athlete. Shame on Jamfest for not thinking that through...
That seems to be quite an understatement... just for the heck of it I looked up flights on Expedia from the Thursday to Monday that weekend in June and to fly from Raleigh to London (couldn't find anything to Liverpool easily) it's $1,200 per person one way.

That seems to be quite an understatement... just for the heck of it I looked up flights on Expedia from the Thursday to Monday that weekend in June and to fly from Raleigh to London (couldn't find anything to Liverpool easily) it's $1,200 per person one way.

I searched before my last post but it was pretty lazy... with a better search I'm finding flights for around $1300 round trip, but either way, my original statement was quite an understatement. You also have to factor in a few hotel nights.

I'm curious to know exactly how the prize of going to Jamfest Europe initially was presented to the programs that attended... and to the general public. Now that I'm looking at the majors website I see nothing about the trip to Europe. Was it ever explicitly stated that Jamfest would cover the costs? Or was it, "if you win, you get to attend our event in Europe!"

so pretty much they are covering 7 athletes plane tickets….

so pretty much they are covering 7 athletes plane tickets….

There is talk that they had only planned on sending 5 people per team.

mollymags I looked on the Majors website as well and couldn't find it. I am pretty sure that it was announced on here that the Europe trip was what the teams won and those that were athletes competing were even under the impression that it was going to be paid for. I tried to find the thread that said it on here but gave up because the search bar was being annoying. I do know that certain athletes had commented on the fact that the airfare and hotel was going to be paid for, $15,000 isn't going to pay for that.

There is talk that they had only planned on sending 5 people per team.

mollymags I looked on the Majors website as well and couldn't find it. I am pretty sure that it was announced on here that the Europe trip was what the teams won and those that were athletes competing were even under the impression that it was going to be paid for. I tried to find the thread that said it on here but gave up because the search bar was being annoying. I do know that certain athletes had commented on the fact that the airfare and hotel was going to be paid for, $15,000 isn't going to pay for that.

Here's what it says in an article about the Majors from Inside Cheerleading (JAMfest Events Introduces THE MAJORS | Inside Cheerleading Magazine):

"These ten teams will compete for the prestigious title of being Champion of The Majors, as well as a trip to compete at JAMfest Europe in Liverpool, England on June 9-10, 2012."

That, to me, sounds like the trip is paid for. (Or at least it should be)

Back