All-Star Cheer Memes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeh, it states that they would win a trip...
A trip consists of transport and accommodation...
You dont go on a school trip and then the teachers turn round and say....actually, you have to pay for your own transport and accomodation, or maybe we will pay for 7 of you, but the rest of your class has to pay for themself....

Not being funny, but if any of the teams that were chosen to compete at the majors wanted to come to England to perform at a competition, Im pretty sure that any of the other event producers would happily let them perform for free (which if Jamfest arnt paying for flights/accommodation then thats basically what they are doing...)
When you think about the number of cheerleaders around England and throughout Europe that are going to want to watch them, Jamfest are pretty guaranteed to have a sell out competition in June, which will obvs make them a ton of money (+ the money they got from everyone watching the Majors). I've loved everything Jamfest has done so far, their comps have had great reviews, I loved the idea behind the Majors, and I love how they try and do things a bit differently, so this isnt just an "I hate Jamfest" post, I just think that its really unfair to expect the teams to pay their own way when A) It was suggested at the Majors that it would be a paid trip, and B) These athletes have already made/will be making Jamfest ALOT of money.

Only a teeny tiny proportion of English cheerleaders ever get to go to worlds, because the number of level 5/6 teams in the UK at the moment is still small because cheer is still developing (slowly but surely we are getting there...) so for the majority of people in England, Jamfest Europe would be their only chance to watch world class athletes live.
Okay....Vent over...

P.S. I am dying at these memes, they have kept me going all week!

BlueCat can you clarify what Cheer Athletics was told regarding the Europe trip? Were you all under the impression that it was all going to be paid for?

fz4uqg.jpg
guilty!!:wasntme:

Yeh, it states that they would win a trip...
A trip consists of transport and accommodation...
You dont go on a school trip and then the teachers turn round and say....actually, you have to pay for your own transport and accomodation, or maybe we will pay for 7 of you, but the rest of your class has to pay for themself....

Not being funny, but if any of the teams that were chosen to compete at the majors wanted to come to England to perform at a competition, Im pretty sure that any of the other event producers would happily let them perform for free (which if Jamfest arnt paying for flights/accommodation then thats basically what they are doing...)
When you think about the number of cheerleaders around England and throughout Europe that are going to want to watch them, Jamfest are pretty guaranteed to have a sell out competition in June, which will obvs make them a ton of money (+ the money they got from everyone watching the Majors). I've loved everything Jamfest has done so far, their comps have had great reviews, I loved the idea behind the Majors, and I love how they try and do things a bit differently, so this isnt just an "I hate Jamfest" post, I just think that its really unfair to expect the teams to pay their own way when A) It was suggested at the Majors that it would be a paid trip, and B) These athletes have already made/will be making Jamfest ALOT of money.

Only a teeny tiny proportion of English cheerleaders ever get to go to worlds, because the number of level 5/6 teams in the UK at the moment is still small because cheer is still developing (slowly but surely we are getting there...) so for the majority of people in England, Jamfest Europe would be their only chance to watch world class athletes live.
Okay....Vent over...

P.S. I am dying at these memes, they have kept me going all week!
In response to the first part, you don't pay for school trips? Whenever we go on any field trip over night or not we're responsible to pay for it.

BlueCat can you clarify what Cheer Athletics was told regarding the Europe trip? Were you all under the impression that it was all going to be paid for?

I know that it doesn't answer but he shimmied my meme that I made about it (I get giddy everytime BlueCat gives me a shimmy) so from that I took it as they were promised something that was not given to them. Also the athlete that I was talking about saying that they were promised and are no longer going was a Panther.

In response to the first part, you don't pay for school trips? Whenever we go on any field trip over night or not we're responsible to pay for it.

Sorry that was probably a bad example to use because we do have to pay for all school trips. I was just getting at the point that when someone says a 'trip' that includes travel and accommodation.( @cupcakes&cartwheels whatever school you go to it sounds great!)

Back