All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can only echo what everyone has already said about the show. It was a wonderful presentation of our sport and I think more than anything it was informative for outside viewers. (I watched the last episode w/ a non-cheer savy friend and the show prompted him to ask really great questions)

That being said, if the show were to move forward I really would like it to take a different emphasis. I appreciate that this season was an intro to the sport and an introspective view on how CJA runs their level 5 program, but next season I would want to see a different angle. For example, following CEA Sm Sr X because they have come up short the past few years... or even show how gyms, gym owners, and coaches split their time between different teams at different levels, which in turn affects how programs don't always have consistent results at competitions when they have some many teams/divisions to worry about.

What do they call the flyer with the bad knee? I know her real name is Christina but what is her nickname?

What do they call the flyer with the bad knee? I know her real name is Christina but what is her nickname?
I call her Tina or Cristina. She is now in college in Miami and on Top Gun (I think Medium All Girl). I was recently in the hospital and received a visit from her sister who was also on the International Open 6 team. I know Cristina is on TG this year, but just not 100% sure of the team. I love her soooo much!! Last year was my CPs first year @ CJA on Jr. Co-ed 3 and she helped her with her makeup and in particular her first pair of false eyelashes. She is an absolute doll! What a great group of young ladies. I really hoped that came through on the show. They are definite role models for the younger kids. Love them all!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. After 11 years the decision was beyond heartbreaking for our daughter, Jackie. But because of the qualities of strength she had learned over the years from her coaches she was ironically able to make it. Have a great season with your daughter.

I used to tell my daughter that Cheer Extreme was a microcosm of life and how she managed herself there, would be great practice for how she would manage her challenges in life. This year, after almost 7 years, she decided to take a year off to focus on school and grades, in the hopes of securing scholarships. 11th grade is so pivotal. I think it was a brave decision and I'm proud of her for making it. She misses the mat and, especially, her team. But, it turned out to be what she needed to manage her course load.

Same thing, ironically, her coaches helped to build the type of character to make these tough decisions.

I used to tell my daughter that Cheer Extreme was a microcosm of life and how she managed herself there, would be great practice for how she would manage her challenges in life. This year, after almost 7 years, she decided to take a year off to focus on school and grades, in the hopes of securing scholarships. 11th grade is so pivotal. I think it was a brave decision and I'm proud of her for making it. She misses the mat and, especially, her team. But, it turned out to be what she needed to manage her course load.

Same thing, ironically, her coaches helped to build the type of character to make these tough decisions.

I just love y'all more every single day!

Just watched all 6 episodes... so refreshingly impressed with the support, sportsmanship and class shown by the parents!!

Just watched all 6 episodes... so refreshingly impressed with the support, sportsmanship and class shown by the parents!!
Agreed. And hijacking this thread for 10 seconds to tell you how much I love your DP. Or do we call them avatars on here, I have no clue. Now back to Cheer!

I have 2 questions, one of which has been asked many times but no one seems to know the answer.

1. Will there be a season 2 of Cheer with CJA for the 2012-2013 season?

2. Who is not on this season's team that was on last season's?
Lexi
Miranda
Christina (Now on Top Gun medium AG)
De'Anna
Emily
Baby May
Ilyssa (Senior? Her cast bio said she will be in college in the fall)
Jackie (Now on World Cup Odyssey)
Jenna (Senior-did she decide to super-senior? She was indecisive)
Jess
Kait (Senior? Her cast bio said she was 18)
Katherine
Katie
Kola
Kriselle
Kristina
Lea (Now on World Cup Starlites)
Melissa (Senior? Her cast bio said she will be in college in the fall)
Summer (Senior)
Vicki

I have 2 questions, one of which has been asked many times but no one seems to know the answer.

Lexi
Miranda
De'Anna
Emily
Baby May
Jess
Katherine
Katie
Kola
Kriselle
Kristina
Summer (Senior)
Vicki
Im looking forward to what Kriselle will bring this season. Shes very talented.

Lexi
Miranda
De'Anna
Emily
Baby May
Jess
Katherine
Katie
Kola
Kriselle
Kristina
Summer (Senior)
Vicki

Is Lea that amazing 12-year old base? Aw sad to see her leave.

Back