Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Untrue. I'm 5'8" and 115 pounds (however I was closer to 105/110 pounds and 5'6" when I was still cheering) and I flew in college (coed and all girl) as well as on levels 4/5 for all star when I was in high school. My secondary base my senior year was 5'0 and weighed 100 pounds. My main base was 5'4 and a female. My backspot was a boy, and he was 5'6. I had the most solid stunt on the team. Tall girls CAN fly on short bases. The only time I've ever had bases taller than me was when I was 14/15 before I hit my growth spurt and when I play around with other coaches at the gym. When I cheered my bases were ALWAYS shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know taller girls can flyer cause two of my pervious flyers were tall, one was practically a stick and the other was muscled. I was just saying that someone like me finds it difficult. I'm short and small I don't have a lot of body mass to counteract that of a taller flyer and you can guess which girl was easier to fly

People who save seats at competitions and don't sit there all day.
When the bass on the music is SO LOUD that you literally have your ears ringing for a week after.
Small competitions that have 5 minute breaks between every 2-3 teams making the event about 1-2 hours longer than it has to be.
When one gym has 2/3's of the total teams at a small comp and wins everything and anything and then brags about it everywhere like they won the Summit when in reality it was like a showcase with medals and banners.
Unsupportive-of-one-another local gyms.
Competing before 8 AM in the morning.
Coaches who say that competitions are rigged when they lose a competition. (aka poor sportsmanship)
Competitions where the warm up area in the back has a less bouncy floor than the performance floor.
Drama queen cliquey cheer parents who act like the freaking Mean Girls.

Yeah that about covers it.

You missed when coaches don't listen to you or take you seriously

Other team mates dismiss one of your ideas only to bring it up themselves a few days later

The death glare in the warm up room like come on! Your intimidation is stupid if anything that's pushing them to go out and win to shut up you!!

People who save seats at competitions and don't sit there all day.
When the bass on the music is SO LOUD that you literally have your ears ringing for a week after.
Small competitions that have 5 minute breaks between every 2-3 teams making the event about 1-2 hours longer than it has to be.
When one gym has 2/3's of the total teams at a small comp and wins everything and anything and then brags about it everywhere like they won the Summit when in reality it was like a showcase with medals and banners.
Unsupportive-of-one-another local gyms.
Competing before 8 AM in the morning.
Coaches who say that competitions are rigged when they lose a competition. (aka poor sportsmanship)
Competitions where the warm up area in the back has a less bouncy floor than the performance floor.
Drama queen cliquey cheer parents who act like the freaking Mean Girls.

Yeah that about covers it.

You just put my weekend on repeat.

No water for athletes in warmups or after competing
16 minutes on the "stretch" (stunt) mat, 4 minutes on the tumbling mats, 4 minutes on a full dead floor
Allowing teams to cut ahead of the team competing before them in warmups and not correcting the order until the team that's in the hole finds out "oh actually you're supposed to go now"
Closing the food before the competition is close to over
I'm looking at you, cheersport KC

No water for athletes in warmups or after competing
16 minutes on the "stretch" (stunt) mat, 4 minutes on the tumbling mats, 4 minutes on a full dead floor
Allowing teams to cut ahead of the team competing before them in warmups and not correcting the order until the team that's in the hole finds out "oh actually you're supposed to go now"
Closing the food before the competition is close to over
I'm looking at you, cheersport KC
That is SO unprofessional.

Back