Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have to agree with the ankle grab heel stretches. Also it kills me when i see toes that aren't pointed!

I think that when I see a lot of ankle braces on the athletes from one team that maybe they are being pushed too hard / not trained correctly. More of a concern than a pet peeve, I suppose. But really, a team of 20 and 17 of them have ankle braces...

some can be ankle weights but yeah you're mostly right

Waiting for our gym's competition schedule.....
Shimmy to a billion.
We're waiting to find out our schedule.
Grrr. I just want to know if we're going to these two comps that offers bids to the Summit! The senior team went last year, but i don't know if they are again... :mad:

Coming from a ballet background it pees me when toes arent pointed in anything whatsoever.
Bent arabesque legs like they are in attitude
Doing 'the swing out' high V rather than punching out a high V from clap
Flyers that insist to fly with guys even though they are tiny and can fly with girl bases with ease
Unorganised routines when you have to run to the opposite side of the floor for the next section because the routine was choreographed in sections only not looking at a whole performance
Really reaaaaaally low scales that dont even go past the flyers head
Poor attendance!!

Flyers who can only fly on the perceived strongest or best stunt group. Any other time it is always the groups fault why they can't stay up in the air.

Athletes who think they only have to turn it on at competitions so they goof off and not work as hard in practice.

Athletes (and parents) who question why they don't get certain tumbling passes when they have not tumbled all summer long and won't "fix" what they currently have. If your ROBHS is busted looking, you are not getting a specialty pass all by yourself so everyone can see just you. Just saying...

Parents who say "they aren't that parent" who really are that parent. :sharkchase:

Parents who "coach" their kids from the sidelines, parent area, car, etc. then complain to the coaches why their kid is not getting any better.

Threats to pull an athlete because they did not make a certain team. Uhh bye! In the same line wanting their athlete to be an exception to the rules to make a certain team but are the first to complain if another child does not have the skills to be on the team.

Coaches who only want to work and get excited working with the higher level teams. Any other time they act like they can't be bothered or they are too good to teach/coach lower level athletes.

Coaches who bad mouth athletes because they don't think they aren't going to be any good but when they athlete improves all of a sudden they act like they believed in them the entire time.:banghead:

Gyms that recruit but claim they don't recruit. If you do it, why deny it? Be proud of it and tell the world!

People who look down on gyms because they don't have a big name or reputation.

Gyms that always have an excuse if they lose to a gym they "are not supposed" to lose to.

People who blame others for the stunt falling :wasntme:
Flexed feet in jumps.
Bent legs in a back handspring.
No smiles. :(
People who forget things on comp day (ex. bow, sneakers)
People who don't care who just want to say "Im a cheerleader" :cheering:
Too much makeup.
Sandbagging.
Parents who think that they own the place and are better than EVERYBODY else.
Poor attendence to practices.
Girls who don't push themselves 100% of the time.
The "weak link" of the team that doesn't try to get better.
Dorito Scorps
:dorito:

When EPs (i.e. International All-Levels) make a huge deal about the prizes they are offering for the winners and more than 4 months later the winners have yet to receive them.:mad:

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)[/quot
ankles apart or crossed in double downs for flyers, and slow double downs
FLIERS WHO DONT LOCK THEIR LEGS IN THE AIR.

Back