All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ugly doubles downs ( i don't understand how you can be this top level 5 team with these ugly double down)
cringe worthy kick doubles (i forget if it was nca or worlds but the lead basket for cf diamondz gave me a heart attack when she traveled in that. i thought she was going to hit the ground)

Kick doubles, double downs with the flyers ankles are everywhere
Toe touch baskets where the flyer is loopsided
Level five doing level two tick tocks
Aero doubles that dont square to the front
Stunts that can easily be saved FALL!
Cheerleaders with straight hair, curls people!
Pink cheer shoes (no names)
When people fall on triple to backs
Talking during practice
Marking things in practice that we need to concentrate on
When you have the same girl or boy tumble 17 times individually, give them a break
Level 2 teams that rebound out of roundoff backhandsprings
When teams do group synchronized baskets I HATE THIS
Teased hair
Tiny tots and youth with half tops
Flexed toes in jumps, even though i do it too
Limping ON TO the mat
When parents are pumping candy and energy drinks in to their kids
The worlds party -_-
Girls all over their boyfriend at comp
Dancing at awards
Pre mixed music
Jewlrey at practice
That worlds take
Low pontyails
How there are never any stuff for boys at comps

The things i marked in bold I agree the most with, but there are a few things I disagree with--but I will keep them to myself :)

When people come to practice with their hair down? WHY? They just constantly flick it out their face anyway? Also I do not like the taste of other peoples hair, not nice.
When you're asked to travel to comp in specific colours from your coach yet people still travel in every colour of the rainbow? Are you trying to make us look like fools?
When flyers blame their bases for EVERYTHING that goes 'wrong' even though everyone knows full well this chick who's been cheering for 3 weeks compared to girls who've been there for 3 years isn't going to be perfect?
When people from other programmes are rolling their eyes or bitching about your team right in front of you? SHAME ON YOU.
Uneven scorps, like you don't want a perfect spike and pretty good scorp then a dorito scorp all mingling in together? Get everyone stretching til they match!
When people don't fight for their tumbling or stunts, at least try,
When a flyer hits the floor OMG how does that happen at all when you have 3/4 people under her WHAT EVEN?

Plus most of the above.

New pet peeve I just discovered when trying to figure out why I dislike Shooting Stars's stunting so much. I hate a tick tock that switches from a forward-facing body position to a sideways body position. Example: right stretch, tick tock, pull a scale, double double.
Yuck, unless executed perfectly, it seems like it always just looks shaky and like the stunt groups might not hit. Also, I don't know why but holding on to your scorp with both hands and never releasing the left hand to point, make a claw, flick the wrist, something.... looks ugly to me too. These are just two new things I realized while dissecting why I dislike watching Stars stunt since I law watching them do everything else.

Girls that show up to practise without shoes. I don't know if this was said before, but like really? You're a cheerleader. Please use your brain while packing your stuff.
Especially if they're flyers... What makes you think I'm going to touch your nasty socks.:eek:

ETA: That sounds kinda mean, but I'm disgusted by feet.

-When your flying and your bases drop you (and don't bother to catch you) because your "to heavy" yet they have no problem holding up the other girl who ways 5 pounds less because their bffs (happened to me on my highschool team)

-When the point flyer has sucky body positions but the girl in the back has beautiful ones

-When people cheat on their conditioning and then comment on how easy it was and how they don't understand why everyone else is tired

-People making up nasty rumors about other gyms

-People trash talking other gyms (especially if it's untrue or they know nothing about said gym)

-Kids threatening to quit because their not point jumper, point dancer, point flyer, and last pass (even though they deserve their spot because someone else is clearly better then they are)

-People who have a lot of money and that is why they feel intitled :p

-Suzie and her parents
My favorite, we call them "the Benefactors" The Mom's who buy equipment for the gym and they want a plaque on it like the bathroom door at the local hospital was donated by "BLAH FREAKIN BLAH"
Oh and the Mom's who will pay tuition for someone just so their child can fly because if they child quits their daughter can't fly.
Or the Mom who pays for someone's entire cheersport trip so their daughter's stunt group doesn't get taken out. Money can't buy your daughter's flying spot forever....

Back