All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-When girls wear spandex that are 3 sizes too small and they are literally up their butt the whole time... Just no. please no.:banghead:
-When girls think they are the best dancer but in reality.... oh lawd. don't get me started...
-Glitter competition makeup....

I was driving to the grocery store this evening and saw a young man who had obviously just finished jogging..... lighting up a cigarette.:eek:

Madonna used to smoke when she was in her peak physical condition when she was younger (not that she isn't in peak condition now, lol). I just always thought it was crazy bc she would do these insane concerts that required a lot of physical exertion, both dancing and singing (really singing). I've known a few people who have smoked and been in ridiculous shape (endurance, low blood pressure, low resting heart rate, muscular, etc...) it's crazy!

My favorite, we call them "the Benefactors" The Mom's who buy equipment for the gym and they want a plaque on it like the bathroom door at the local hospital was donated by "BLAH FREAKIN BLAH"
Oh and the Mom's who will pay tuition for someone just so their child can fly because if they child quits their daughter can't fly.
Or the Mom who pays for someone's entire cheersport trip so their daughter's stunt group doesn't get taken out. Money can't buy your daughter's flying spot forever....

Is she a good flyer? Regardless, obviously other children and their parents are benefiting from it bc it allows them to participate and/or compete when they may lack the financial resources. Actually, I kinda see it as benefit for the entire team, don't you think?

Walking around w/curlers in your hair at a comp (not just a quick to and fro...as in, watching teams compete in the arena and you're in your hair rollers/curlers w/your uniform on.

Walking around w/curlers in your hair at a comp (not just a quick to and fro...as in, watching teams compete in the arena and you're in your hair rollers/curlers w/your uniform on.
I was so surprised at the last couple of competitions how many girls are walking around with a ponytail full of rollers. Our gym drills it into us that this is a performance and we come show ready. They would march us straight out of the room and rip those rollers out if we walked in there like that.

Cell phones tucked in skirts

Uniform tops w/ spankies or Nike pros

Walking around in unzipped uniform

Uggs or pajama pants under uniforms

If you're gonna represent your gym, do it well!

Is she a good flyer? Regardless, obviously other children and their parents are benefiting from it bc it allows them to participate and/or compete when they may lack the financial resources. Actually, I kinda see it as benefit for the entire team, don't you think?
There are others who could be given the opportunity. She is no Gabi Butler. Those that contribute money feel more entitled than others. I am not poor folk but my husband would rather give money to some charitable organization than to a cheer gym for mats or equipment. That is what tuition is for or that annual fee some gyms charge.

Before you offer to pay an athlete's tuition, speak to their parent first. Don't just do it than that athlete feels obligated. This kid wanted to quit and now she feels she has to stay.

people are performing and make kissy faces while bobbing and shaking their heads........ or open their mouth like an "o" and wink. ugh i can't stand it. :deadhorse:

people are performing and make kissy faces while bobbing and shaking their heads........ or open their mouth like an "o" and wink. ugh i can't stand it. :deadhorse:

I think it's funny how facial expressions or certain moves have changed over the years. From excessive winking, to bobbing the head, to shimmies, hair flips. It's all too funny. I remember when I was younger hearing girls talk about "different moves to do when they landed their tumbling" haha.

There are others who could be given the opportunity. She is no Gabi Butler. Those that contribute money feel more entitled than others. I am not poor folk but my husband would rather give money to some charitable organization than to a cheer gym for mats or equipment. That is what tuition is for or that annual fee some gyms charge.

Before you offer to pay an athlete's tuition, speak to their parent first. Don't just do it than that athlete feels obligated. This kid wanted to quit and now she feels she has to stay.

Ok well now that's different, lol! Regarding the athletes who don't want to actually cheer....now that's not cool.

But you really didn't answer my first question. Is she a good flyer? I'm sure there are other girls who could be potentially given the opportunity...but are they as good?

Back