All-Star "cheer World" Book!!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yesterday there was a post on facebook saying he would be competing with UA this weekend, but it has since been taken down.
The only team from UA that was going to be competing this weekend originally was one of the Majesties teams but that is one of the high school teams and he is too old. Weird that he would say that! I have only seen them at the gym for open gym but I would hope they would think twice about going back after bashing Craig about something he didn't do! Her fiance used to cheer at CIA with her and I had heard that their IOC 6 team was supposed to compete this weekend...maybe he was confused! :p

Paying to get info? Why? All the people she has mentioned in writing this book are more than willing to give up information on who you are and the things you've done.
The governing body is not the police... Why would they care who drinks? The job of the USASF should be to oversee the safety of the sport, not PARENT these cheerleaders. I don't blame the USASF for underage drinking, I blame the kids that make the decision and the parents who are not supervising them.
All I keep hearing from you is that she did nothing wrong, she is simply exposing problems in the industry. You don't expose problems by (poorly) writing a book and putting people on blast BY NAME. You take legitimate steps to stop them. You think college boys shouldn't smoke weed? Why don't you call the cops on them then? That would stop them. Or, call the cops on her, since she did it herself. You can't pick and choose when you want to be the hero.
This is a complete joke, and I hope this child understands that she has no place in this industry because she is just as much a part of the problem. I would never hire her, and I would never use anyone that would hire her. I've heard she is learning that lesson pretty quickly, and based on the lawyers that have already been called, I think she is in for a tough ride. As an adult that is close to her, I would have tried to protect her from this, but that's just me. The writing was on the wall, and it's sad that she is so young but is going to learn a very grown up lesson because the adults around her are irresponsible. With that said, people in glass houses should not throw stones. I would run far away from this board if I were you, because you have your own issues to deal with.

Apparently, you can't see the sarcasm in my response...what it means is that she received very bad info that isn't even REMOTELY TRUE, hence my statement that her post was a good example of defamation!

I had nothing to do with the writing of the book, who or what was in it or its publishing. I had no knowledge of it until it was published and I got a copy of it at the same time it was available to everyone else.

Tell me Tamara, since you are another that has never met me and I have never had a conversation with, what issues exactly do I have to deal with? I am dying to know and I could really use more examples of defamation here publically.

Apparently, you can't see the sarcasm in my response...what it means is that she received very bad info that isn't even REMOTELY TRUE, hence my statement that her post was a good example of defamation!

I had nothing to do with the writing of the book, who or what was in it or its publishing. I had no knowledge of it until it was published and I got a copy of it at the same time it was available to everyone else.

Tell me Tamara, since you are another that has never met me and I have never had a conversation with, what issues exactly do I have to deal with? I am dying to know and I could really use more examples of defamation here publically.

Based on what I know, I don't want to meet you or talk to you. I'm just telling you that calling people out and being rude on this board is not exactly the best decision for someone that has their own issues in this industry. I don't need to call you out, because I don't care. But having people such as yourself that seem to crave attention and drama explains a lot in allowing a child to write this ridiculous book without explaining the consequences to her.

If this mom of daughter really cared about what was going on, she would have pulled her daughter if things were this bad, and not let her write a book that was going to destroy her. I don't get how any mom knowingly lets her daughter write a book like this, then you try to defend it. Very poor judgement that will follow her forever. No matter how you felt about the people in this book, this is not how you change things. Build on the positives of cheer, and make sport stronger. I have life long friends from cheer, and wouldn't change that for a minute. Be a positive change for kids coming up.

So, in your opinion, do you think this book was written in a way to make a positive impact and bring needed change to the industry? Most 'tell all' books never achieve that goal and only come across as opportunistic. (I haven't read a single line, so I don't have an opinion about this book).

Also, do you think it's appropriate to share the names of others? And are you willing to disclose your personal contact info here?

Justin Carrier

Justin I did not say it would have a positive impact and bring change, although, quite honestly, it should, but it won't. I don't have an opinion on whether first names should have been used or not. As said previously, I did not know about it until after the fact, so I had no voice in it.

Changes do need to happen, how that comes about, I do not know, whether or not this "tell-all" brings any of the issues to the fore front, well that probably won't happen, because in my opinion, nobody wants it to.

As for my personal contact info, why would I share it here, I have plenty of haters already, why would I give people who do not know me, but who now want to attack me based on false information they get any more information. If you want to contact me away from here, send me a message, I would be happy to chat with you.

Justin I did not say it would have a positive impact and bring change, although, quite honestly, it should, but it won't. I don't have an opinion on whether first names should have been used or not. As said previously, I did not know about it until after the fact, so I had no voice in it.

Changes do need to happen, how that comes about, I do not know, whether or not this "tell-all" brings any of the issues to the fore front, well that probably won't happen, because in my opinion, nobody wants it to.

As for my personal contact info, why would I share it here, I have plenty of haters already, why would I give people who do not know me, but who now want to attack me based on false information they get any more information. If you want to contact me away from here, send me a message, I would be happy to chat with you.

Thanks for responding. I wasn't trying to quote you when I asked if you thought it would bring about positive change. You referenced the problem of drugs and alcohol in our industry and I was trying to understand why you would mention it unless this book does a good job of exposing it. Your overall tone seems to be in defense of this book and its motives, so I was trying to understand what you believed them to be and whether or not you thought this book was a positive addition to our society. Again, I haven't read it (and won't) so I can't have a specific opinion about the book.

My point in asking if you were willing to share your personal information on here is that people in the book weren't given that same option. For better or worse, Craig's name is a permanent fixture in this book, and he didn't get to make that choice for himself. On Fierceboard, everyone is allowed to not disclose their identity, hide behind a silly screename and use a cartoon avatar that doesn't even slightly resemble what they look like. And that's when they speak FOR THEMSELVES. It seems the parties involved in this book weren't afforded the same opportunity. Legal or illegal, I think that's really unfortunate. If you and I get to remaina anonymous, why can't everyone else?

I know you probably feel like you are getting personally hammered on here. And I know how that feeling sucks (ala 2012 USASF Rules and Image Crisis Meltdown). You just have to be careful when you start to generally (albeit not specifically) defend a position on the Fierceboards. You are going to catch some heat.

I wish all the affected parties the best of luck throughout this issue. I hope the damage it causes everyone, including the author, is minimal.

Based on what I know, I don't want to meet you or talk to you. I'm just telling you that calling people out and being rude on this board is not exactly the best decision for someone that has their own issues in this industry. I don't need to call you out, because I don't care. But having people such as yourself that seem to crave attention and drama explains a lot in allowing a child to write this ridiculous book without explaining the consequences to her.

And that just furthers my point, you don't know me at all, yet you have based your opinion of me based on "what you know". Here is a fact for you, you do NOT know anything. You are drawing conclusions based on what you hear from people with an agenda. I have not been rude, but if that is what you feel, I am not one to try and change your mind, you can think whatever you want. Those that draw conclusions or form opinions on a person they have never met solely based on opinions of those with their own agenda, well in my opinion, is a very shallow person.

I have NO issues in this industry, NONE, if someone is telling you different, you are a very gullible young lady. I don't crave attention or drama, but if things I have done in the past to try and clean up this industry, such as trying to get the famous owner put in jail makes me a drama person, well then so be it. And your statement that I somehow ALLOWED anyone to write anything is what is ridiculous. As already stated, I had no previous knowledge that her book was being written.

Wow I have never been so happy to be a small town PA All-Star Coach before. And I thought my teenagers were drama with just there bickering of who got to be in the front row all the time and who always gets to fly. I will definitely count my blessings from now on when I walk into my quiet little High School wrestling room to practice.
I will NOT be reading this book, I think I heard enough about here to form a good enough opinion that I don't need to.
To the author I wish you luck, cause legally I think you need it and if you want to continue working in the Cheer World, good luck with that to.

But from the sounds of it if Skyblue ever gets another gym she will definitely hire you, so I guess your good. ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

And that just furthers my point, you don't know me at all, yet you have based your opinion of me based on "what you know". Here is a fact for you, you do NOT know anything. You are drawing conclusions based on what you hear from people with an agenda. I have not been rude, but if that is what you feel, I am not one to try and change your mind, you can think whatever you want. Those that draw conclusions or form opinions on a person they have never met solely based on opinions of those with their own agenda, well in my opinion, is a very shallow person.

I have NO issues in this industry, NONE, if someone is telling you different, you are a very gullible young lady. I don't crave attention or drama, but if things I have done in the past to try and clean up this industry, such as trying to get the famous owner put in jail makes me a drama person, well then so be it. And your statement that I somehow ALLOWED anyone to write anything is what is ridiculous. As already stated, I had no previous knowledge that her book was being written.

You are telling Justin that Heat Elite which you owned in New Lenox had no issues? Really

Thanks for responding. I wasn't trying to quote you when I asked if you thought it would bring about positive change. You referenced the problem of drugs and alcohol in our industry and I was trying to understand why you would mention it unless this book does a good job of exposing it. Your overall tone seems to be in defense of this book and its motives, so I was trying to understand what you believed them to be and whether or not you thought this book was a positive addition to our society. Again, I haven't read it (and won't) so I can't have a specific opinion about the book.

My point in asking if you were willing to share your personal information on here is that people in the book weren't given that same option. For better or worse, Craig's name is a permanent fixture in this book, and he didn't get to make that choice for himself. On Fierceboard, everyone is allowed to not disclose their identity, hide behind a silly screename and use a cartoon avatar that doesn't even slightly resemble what they look like. And that's when they speak FOR THEMSELVES. It seems the parties involved in this book weren't afforded the same opportunity. Legal or illegal, I think that's really unfortunate. If you and I get to remaina anonymous, why can't everyone else?

I know you probably feel like you are getting personally hammered on here. And I know how that feeling sucks (ala 2012 USASF Rules and Image Crisis Meltdown). You just have to be careful when you start to generally (albeit not specifically) defend a position on the Fierceboards. You are going to catch some heat.

I wish all the affected parties the best of luck throughout this issue. I hope the damage it causes everyone, including the author, is minimal.
I referenced the problem because it is brought up and talked about and quite honestly, for me, any chance to discuss the problem of drugs and alcohol in this industry is a good thing. It is a problem, in my opinion, at least here. Why I get defensive is that some of the comments here and elsewhere are truly disgusting to me. Comments such as "it's a teenage thing", and my favorite from someone on FB, "it is just an unwritten rule that this is what goes on in all-star cheerleading". those kinds of statements make me very angry.

My name is Debbie and I had nothing to do with the writing, editing or anything of the book. So whether I would have used real first names or gym names, I can't honestly say. I care about the author, hence my defense of her. What she did she did for good or bad and I will still stand by her.

I seriously do not care about being personally hammered here, honestly some of the comments made about me personally just make me laugh, and proves my point as to how shallow some are and how easily led they are to believe information that is nowhere near the truth. People that pass judgment on those they don't know, are shallow and in my opinion, are ones that relish in the drama and the gossip. I am ok with that.

Wow Just-a-Mom quoted me. Lol. I'm honored
@coachtamera basically quoted me on ASGA. I'm sure we'll all seriously consider a 'Tell All' clause in our handbooks this season.
I'm sorry for the people who got named in the book because they didn't ask for the attention or negative exposure.
I heard someone made death threats to the author. Sad if that's true. I hope this blows over soon so we can focus on our rainbows and unicorns. Oh, and Worlds/Summit.
P.s. newly appointed grammar police,... Plz don't get me. I'm typing quick to sneak back to work! Lol

You are telling Justin that Heat Elite which you owned in New Lenox had no issues? Really

Apparently you know more than I do, so why don't you go ahead and give us the details, that I have obviously forgotten. It is a little early for popcorn, but I have my cereal ready. It isn't ever to early for defamatory statements to be posted publicly.

[quotue, post: 742936, member: 11722"]Apparently you know more than I do, so why don't you go ahead and give us the details, that I have obviously forgotten. It is a little early for popcorn, but I have my cereal ready. It isn't ever to early for defamatory statements to be posted publicly.[/quote]

All everyone is saying Debbie, is Heat had many issues over the years, and you wouldn't like if you were named in book like these people were. I think you know their were better ways to approach this problem. There is no defense for how this book was written, period.

Latest posts

Back