OT Cheerbola...discuss.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My sil swears up and down that vaccines causes SIDS and refused to vaccinate her kids because of it. My reply to her was ummmmmmm no if SIDS was caused by vaccines it would be called VIDS. My youngest had a massive reaction to his MMR shot and ended up with moderate/severe brain damage because of it- her comment was "if you could go back in time and make the RIGHT choice and not vaccinate him so he could be normal would you?" :banghead:

I think that these extra precautions shouldn't just be because there's Ebola going around (in very few people in the world it's very very unlikely you or a friend will get Ebola) I think. These precautions should be done anyways, lots of kids get nervous or compete while they're sick and that gets on the mat and sometimes people throw up on the mat and that's not sanitary and I think the mats should be sanitized more

I think that these extra precautions shouldn't just be because there's Ebola going around (in very few people in the world it's very very unlikely you or a friend will get Ebola) I think. These precautions should be done anyways, lots of kids get nervous or compete while they're sick and that gets on the mat and sometimes people throw up on the mat and that's not sanitary and I think the mats should be sanitized more
Yes please... There are always multiple people who throw up on the mat. If they sanitize more, even for a dumb reason, I'm fine with it :D

I'm all for a smart risk management look at the sheer number of people that will be in one place and doing a "what if" assessment. As I understand it the reality is that the attendees (participants, coaches, parents, etc.) would have needed to travel from one of the affected areas first, or somehow come in contact with one of the few cases who are here. The fever alone is probably not the reason to withdraw your team.

Like has been said there are many more risks that have been allowed to go on for years at events that should probably be handled with the same amount of energy.

What's the irony?
Was going to send this as a PM but what the hey....when a self-proclaimed devout Christian uses Jewish mysticism (aka the kabbalah) and numerology connected to Hebrew to illustrate how something represents Satan. Because in the same breath I can hear her stating that Jews have horns.

Back